PART 15: THE PROJECT 2

Hazel tapped her fingers nervously on the table she and Frank were sitting at. "I hope Nico's okay." Frank intertwined their fingers and hugged her closer. "He'll be fine. He's been stuck in the Underworld for weeks he can make a trip to the 40s." Hazel squirmed a bit at the mentioning of her dads home. "Let's hope." She said

•••

A bright light blinded Nico and he felt his body tense. There seemed to be a force pulling him in every direction. He opened hi mouth to shout but instead a long cough came out. He prayed to his father and after that he prayed to a God with a capital G showing the Christian he had become. Then it was quiet, dark. His body had stopped aching. Slowly, a city came into his vision: Los Angeles. But this LA had old memories, WWII propaganda, old black automobiles and phones the size of watermelons. "Wow..." Steve said standing by Nicos side. Nico stood up from the sidewalk he'd been laying on. "Take my hand." Steve looked at him oddly. "I don't roll that way bro." Nico rolled his eyes. "It's a way to get to New York. You want that right?" Steve reluctantly wrapped his fingers around Nicos wrist and Nico summoned the energy to shadow travel.

In an instant they were standing in the Big Apple: 40s style. Nico looked up to the Empire State Building in construction. "This is a meeting point. If we need to come back early we meet here." Steve said quickly. "See you back at base bro." Nico responded "Later bro."

•••

Steve's sole purpose for this trip was to tell Peggy he was still alive. After doing some research he found out she lived in an apartment complex on the lower east side. He waved down a taxi and go in the back seat. "This address please." The cabbie glanced at it and started driving. "Hey ain't you that Captain fellow? You're supposed to be dead!!!!" Steve swallowed nervously. "You must be thinking of Steve Rogers. I get that a lot, guess we look alike." The man thought about it and nodded. After a few minutes of driving he pulled over. "Here we are son that'll be two dollars and fifty cents." Steve had forgotten about the drop in prices and happily payed the man with a fifty dollar bill. "What are you rich?" The cabbie said in awe. "I can only give you thirty in change!" Steve said he could keep said change as a tip and left the taxi. It was time to see Peggy.