PART 33: BACKSTABBING

A/N: Hel-lo reading rainbows. I know by the time most of you have read Part 32 this will already be up so for a few of those who have already read the last cliffhanger are probs ready for this. This chapter is taking place at the same time Calleo and Thalico are playing mini golf. So you might as well uh just uh yeah go- go ahead and read this chapter.

Percy was sitting on the Tower's common room couch with his arm around Annabeth. She was reading Harry Potter for like, the twelfth time. Tony was teaching Steve how to play Call of Duty much to the amusement of Hazel, Frank, Jason and Piper who were 'playing' Candy Land.
It was peaceful, for the amount of people in one room. He shut his eyes and began enjoying peace and qui-
"AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH" Thor ran in the doorway clutching a crumpled up piece of paper.
Steve dropped the Xbox computer and jumped to his feet. "What's wrong Thor?"
Percy could feel the sudden alertness of the room.
"Look at this..." Thor said quietly.
Hazel snatched the paper from his hand. "Oh God."
She showed them the paper. It was a picture of Veronica. Her bright blue eyes shone with fear. There was a pistol to her head. Held by Alexis.
•••
Bruce woke with a start. His wrists were tied behind his back. He was in a couch-the same couch he had seen in Alexis' apartment. So that's where he was. And she tied him up! He grinned. If that was what she was into then- wait wasn't that Thor's girlfriend next to him? She was tied up like him and there was a gag in her mouth. He looked around for Alexis. She was either really strange or evil. As much as he liked her, he was willing to admit the latter. Veronica was passed out but a long cut ran down her arm and a rag was tied around it. In front of them was a whiteboard with equations scrawled. He knew that he was going to have to try to bring out the other guy. Grunting, he writhed around in the rope that was cutting into his arms.
"Much luck?" He recognized the feminine voice and slowly raised his head.
He grunted through the gag.
"You'll find the binds are anti-gamma radiant. I suppose now is the part where I tell you my evil plan."
He swallowed.
"I'm bringing Nyan Cat back." she stated plainly. "And you and this chick are gonna help me. Veronica is an Asgardian Extraterrestrial Professor in the Asgardian. And you and I both know how well you are with science." she smiled. "And if you don't," she raised a digital camera that showed Calypso and Leo playing mini golf with Thalia and Nico. "I'll destroy your friends with the bombs in their clubs."
Bruce said a foul word into his gag. Alexis smiled. "When the other girl wakes up we'll begin."
•••
SHIELD AUDIO RECORDING
Piper: Drive faster!!
Steve: I'm driving as fast as I can!! Her apartment is practically a
Percy: I knew Alexis sounded too good to be true!
Tony: I don't understand! She was so nice when I worked with her!
Jason: I just called the lovebirds, they're okay.
Annabeth: So we need a game plan...
Frank: I can turn into something distracting?
Steve: Well we know she has a gun so you'll need to turn into something fast. Thor: I SHALL BRING DOWN MY HAMMER UPON HER APARTMENT AND CRUSH HER DECOR
Tony: Okay I'm calling in one of my suits right now.
Annabeth: Percy and I can figure out where Bruce and Veronica are.
Piper: Jason, you go with them. I'll use my charmspeak on her just in case.
Steve: I have my shield in the trunk. Let's do this.
END OF AUDIO RECORDING
•••
Alexis turned out to slap Veronica awake. She removed one of the bids on her wrist an move the whiteboard closer, thrusting a marker into it.
"We need you for the anatomy of the Nyan Cat." she said smiling. "And do it or I'll hurt Thor's friends.
Veronica looked angry but took the marker and began to work. It lasted about half an hour to finish Alexis' equation and when she was done Alexis oohed and aahed. "Thank you for your work Veronica." she said promptly and pulled out the pistol. "Goodnight." she shot her in the head.
Bruce turned away. Blood stained the couch cushion next to him.
Veronica looked at him and cut a bind. "Your turn."
•••
Bruce worked away at a gamma themed equation for about fifteen minutes while Alexis threatened to blow up the couples. And there was a crash. Alexis jumped to the ground and fired wildly into the air. A falcon dodged them and flew down to rest on her fridge. Bruce knew it was Frank. Frank the Falcon flew up as she shot three holes in her refrigerator. Ice spilled out and began to wet the floor. The falcon flew around followed by Alexis' swearing. And then she did it. Alexis multiplied. Now there were four of her. They all shot with four guns up at the falcon. He flew down then out the window just in time for Tony to crash through the wall shooting down at the Alexis's with his hand. That made her-them angry and four became eight. Tony struggled to keep up with the bullets. Then the door was kicked down by Thor who was followed in by Hazel, Piper, Annabeth, Percy and Jason. Each Alexis had a fight with a demigod. Piper talked hers into jumping out the window. Annabeth used her sword to decapitate one of them, which just disappeared. They had to kill the original one who at the moment was still shooting at Frank. Percy rose the water from the fridge and burst it into his Alexis' face, drowning her. Slowly the Demivengers were winning. Thor at that point noticed Veronica's body on the couch. And he got angry. Raising his hammer he shouted something about Asgard and smashed it down on the apartment floor. The couch collapsed on top of Bruce and knocked him out.
•••
When Bruce woke up he was untied and the team was looking at him. "What happened?"
Percy grinned mildly . "Thor scared Alexis away."
Bruce nodded and tried to ignore his pining headache as he stood up. Thor was hunched over Veronica crying, mourning. And Bruce joined him.