PART 43: FLORENCE

A/N: Hello citizens, I have a question for all of you Wattpaders. PLEASE answer it-What is your favorite type of story to read (not counting Fanfiction). Okay so answer that in the comments please. And here. We. Go!
(You like that Joker reference?)

Giovanni led the tourists to one of the major shopping areas in Florence. They had seen several art museums and monuments already, but nothing else.
"Here you all can feel free to wander around and look in dee shops!"
He said grinning.
•••
They split up into couples. Thalia looked around, trying to find Nico who she had rarely seen all day. She had to talk to him. He wasn't himself since that night in Paris.
Maybe he's a vampire she thought. I had garlic bread that night. He could be harmed by my stomach!
She gasped and ran off to apologize.

Nico was walking alone, his hands thrust into his pockets. Florence was full of couples. He remembered the time he had wished to be a part of those couples. He remembered the Wedding, where he became part of it.
Thalia was flirting with that Parisian kid. He really thought she had liked him. He swallowed. Reached into his coat. Then pulled out a razor. He hadn't cut himself since he became part of the Demivengers. They made him feel special. Thalia made him feel special. When they started dating he confessed his old self harm problem. But he promised he was over it. She betrayed him. This was payback. Raising the blade to his wrist, he heard a shout. "NICO YOU PUT THAT FUCKING KNIFE DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!"
He looked up. Thalia looked furious. She ran up to him and punched the blade out of his hand.
How dare she have the right to do that? He gritted his teeth.
Thalia picked up the razor and-to Nico's surprise- fell to her knees. She started to cry.
"Why- why would you do this?" she cried out. "Why do you do this????"
Nico choked on his words. "Who was that boy?" he blurted out.
Thalia looked nothing short of flabbergasted. "Is that what this is about?"
Nico closed his eyes. "You mean the world to me." he whispered. "How much do I mean to you?"
Thalia clamped her fist around the razor so tight a thin line of blood ran out. "I love you." She said in response. It was the first time she had said it and he looked up surprised. But he didn't respond.
"That dick was flirting with me so I uh I kind of three him off the Eiffel Tower."
Nico sighed. "Give me the razor."
Thalia shook her head no.
Nico gritted his teeth and pointed his hand to the ground behind him. He whispered some words to Hades and a sinkhole opened up. Thalia's jaw dropped.
"H- how did you do that?" he'd never displayed that power before.
He didn't answer. "That hole leads to Tartarus. Give me the razor."
Thalia swallowed and handed him the razor. He looked at it and hurled the blade into Tartarus.
•••
Nico was sitting on the plane, his hand on Thalia's.
She looked at him. "Why did you do it?"
"My- my mother and Bianca were all that mattered to me. Mom left me. After that Bianca was all I had. When we realized who our dad was-and that he didn't care about us it was devastating." Thalia noted that a tall man in a black suit flinched as he heard that in front of them. "Then Bianca left me. And I didn't care about anything for a while. Started cutting myself. Then I moved to the Tower. It made me feel special. And I met you. And I cared about you an you cared about me. And that night... I thought you stopped caring..."
Thalia looked at him through tears and pulled him into a hug.
"Never say that again Nico. I care, I care."
She fell asleep like that, in his arms. He leaned down and whispered in her ear. "I love you too Thals."
•••
After a while of trying to sleep Nico stood up to go to the bathroom. He walked down the aisle before it was blocked by a man. He wore a black pinstripe suit and had long grey hair and a goatee.
"Father." Nico said, recognizing him.
Hades looked down at Nico with sadness in his eyes.
"Son.... I'm sorry."
Nico blinked. Apologies from gods were unheard of-never mind his dad.
"You couldn't handle it all. I should've been there."
Nico blinked again. "Hades you're a god. What interest of yours is my issues?"
"When my son starts hurting himself I will interfere." he stated simply. "You have my blessing of death and everything it represents that you are physically unable to commit self harm ever again."
Nico bowed his head. "Thank you..."
When he looked up Hades was gone.

I know this chapter wasn't funny but it was plot development. So to make it up to you next chapter will be extra funny!