PART 45: THE BLACK FOREST

A/N: *bites lip* I'm not ditching you guys anytime soon okay? I love you all and this story will NOT end any time soon. I promise you that. Long live the Demivengers!!!!
Nate

Giovanni had seen some strange tour groups but the seven Demivengers that he was with? The weirdest. He had just taken them to the Black Forest in Germany- a forested area known for their Grimms brothers lore and their coo-koo clocks.
"And dees is da famous house da Grimm Brothers lived in when they were wee children. Feel free to walk around." he said unenthusiastically, checking his iPhone to see if it was his turn in 'Words With Friends'. It wasn't. How dare that ignorant little twit not have played yet?!?!? He'll have to call his daughter.
---
Bruce was staring at Betty for a little too long. She was moving to LA for him. I mean that's not as far as Jane moving from freaking Barcelona for Thor, how the Hades did that happen?!? She was intently focused on a coo koo clock painted yellow. He didn't even notice his loving gaze upon her. God he was so smooth.
---
Betty was pretending to be intently focused on a coo koo clock, but was completely aware of Bruce's awkward look at her. She really liked him. And he really liked her. She smirked at the coo koo clock. Without looking at him she waved her fingers in his direction. Out of her peripheral vision she saw him look down, embarrassed
---
"This- this is odd..." Hazel stated. She was standing next to Frank, looking at a large, wooden coo koo clock with several gears and parts out. The strange part though was the coo koo bird. It wasn't a coo koo. It was a yellow feathered wooden bird but its face was human. An old man's face with grey hair and wrinkles.
Frank laughed dryly. After a few moments of awkward silence he whispered "It's kind of scaring me."
She chuckled but was cut off from a voice behind her.
"Zat is zee infamous Jorge Heidenbergell."
Frank jumped and turned into a ferret mid-air.
Since this was a process she was used to, Hazel caught his ferret self before he could hit the ground.
She spun around. Standing there was a short, plump dark haired man wearing a suit- looking at ferret Frank in disgust.
SHIELD AUDIO RECORDING
Corbin: I am Corbin Heidenbergell, hees great-grandson.
Frank: *turns back into a human* I'm- I'm Frank
Hazel: And I'm Hazel
Corbin: I zee, vell you two display interest in zee Grimms Brothers Fairy Tales, may I ask of three moments of your time?
Hazel: *shrugs* Sure what do you have in mind?
Corbin: Please follow me.
END OF AUDIO RECORDING
---
Thalia had never facepalmed so had before. Nico had found a pair of cheap lederhosen: the traditional leather overalls of Germany. He spent the rest of his euros on it and was wearing it. But-despite it being the traditional German dress-no one actually wore it around. He was getting strange stares from everyone they walked past and one little Asian girl took a picture with him.
"So...." he said "You're being a little quiet."
Thalia rolled her eyes. "Are you seriously wearing that to the fest tonight?"
"Of course," he said in a bad German accent. "Die es mein lederhosen!"
Thalia decided another facepalm would be appropriate.
---
Corbin led Hazel and Frank down a set of stairs with a sign that Hazel assumed said Employees Only.
The staircase was metal, with old light bulbs hanging from the ceiling.
"What exactly are we doing?" Hazel asked after Jorge shut the door behind them.
"Just helping an old man with some historical stuff." he said smartly.
The staircase ended in a small, dark room with a desk against the wall.
Hazel whispered to Frank. "I have a bad feeling about this..."
Her feeling was conformed correct when Jorge pointed a sword at Frank's neck and said said a few words.
Hazel and Frank both froze in place, unable to move.
Jorge began to laugh. Then he said "You are steel helping me children- with recreating dee fairy tales!!"
---
The fest was amazing. Thalia saw rides and games and food stands and huge tents filled with drunk, hungry Germans. It totally rocked. It turned out Nico was right- there were others wearing lederhosen. He was probably the only sober one dancing to the polka-style music though. She ordered a pretzel to split with him and saw Steve and Marissa playing a ring toss across the street. She gave a wave and laughed.
Bruce and Betty were in the beer tent. She wondered where Frank and Hazel were as Nico skipped past her.
---
"-And then with this serum I will make you Hansel and Gretel! And you shall be free advertisement for the Grimms House Museum." Jorge finally finished.
Hazel yawned. His evil plan had taken about twenty minutes to tell and they were still frozen. She had no way of escape. The spell was supposedly bound to a spell book on the desk- sitting next to Jorge who was preparing the serum he had mentioned.
When he stood up Hazel started thinking hard. Her senses went into overdrive.
There was a chandelier above- it looked pretty expensive.
Jorge moved closer taking a spoon out of the serum jar. He was going to spoon feed it to her and Frank.
The chandelier might've had diamonds in it.
Jorge moved closer.
If she could destroy the spell book...
Jorge raised the spoon to Frank's lips.
She summoned all her power.
Move
Move
Move
The chandelier began to shake and Jorge looked up.
A diamond shot down from it and pierced the book. Hazel as Frank unfroze.
Frank turned into a lion and brought his claws down on Jorge who dropped the serum and backed away.
"I'm calling the cops." Hazel said as Frank cornered him. He answered with a feline growl. Jorge sighed.

So yeah, I'm uploading this at 1:30 in the morning for you pretties. Comment and vote!
P.S. My sister's birthday is tomorrow. It would mean a lot to her if you all wished her happy birthday in the comments. Please hook us up.