Chapter 7

You stay still. You were confused as to why he would do this. Maybe the food was poisoned. Drugged? With all these possibilities running through your head you ask, "Why?" Arte lets out a laugh.

"Because you amuse me F/n. They way you talk and act is so much more entertaining than the rest. Sit" He says gesturing to the table. "Have a meal with me." You go to sit down. He sits right across from you. 

Hesitantly you pick up your utensils and begin eating. Arte just stares at you with fascination. You never look up from your food but you knew he was watching. Once finished you finally look at him. "Thank you for the food."

"The pleasure is mine F/n." He says. You are finally dismissed and you exit so you can finish your task with Arity.

Meanwhile...

Regina had seen you exit his room. She didn't care. Infidelity was something she hated due to her parents but it was also something she couldn't change. Putting up her persona she walked in cheerfully and smiled brightly at Arte.

"Hello dear. I assume you had lunch?" she says sickeningly sweet. 

"I did." he says detached.

"Well I hope you had a wonderful meal." She then sits next to him leaning her head on his shoulder. "Anyway. We really need to discuss wedding details."

"Deal with them yourself." He says as he gets up abruptly. He then walks out of the room. 

Regina rubs her cheek. When Arte got up, his shoulder slammed rather hard onto it. "Oh I'll plan a wedding alright." Regina then sighs and looks around the room. She notices the table. It is a table for two. Regina instantly thinks of you. "So are interested in someone." She says as she sighs. Regina didn't care if Arte had an affair but what she did care about was the outcome of it. Should the woman of Arte's affections feel the need for more power, Regina's life could end then and there. She wasn't going to allow that. Silently she got up and walked out to find the gown maker. After all she had a wedding to plan.

You had just made your way back to Arity. When she sees you her jaw drops.

"F/n, you're okay." she says.

"I am." You proceed to help her garden. 

"What happened?"

"The Emperor. He asked me to join him for lunch."

"Lunch? Why?"

"He said I amused him."

"Does that mean he is going to show favoritism towards you?"

"I don't know. He threatened my life several times. He is a ... very unpredictable man."

You and Arity drop the conversation after that. You continue doing your other tasks. It was around night when Arte summons you. He asked you to eat dinner with him. For the course of the next few days, Arte has you eat meals with him on the daily. You don't question it buy simply obey. The girls always ask you questions about. Most of which were about how the food was. You felt bad about it as you were certainly eating more then them. None of them though had looks of envy. Instead it was looks of pity and fear. You knew why. They believed you were the most at risk of losing your life.

Arte was doing his work or trying when the middle aged woman appeared.  He asks,

"Tell me. I feel a little pain in my chest when I am with this girl. My heart beats faster than usual. Why am I feeling this way." The woman ponders it for a moment before speaking.

"That is the feeling one gets when they are in love."

"Love?"

"Usually Emperor."

"I see." He says thoughtfully. "You're dismissed." The woman bows before exiting. He leans back into his chair. He smirks. "Love, huh?"