Chapter 30

Two months have passed. Arte had heard rumors. Rumors Vols was going to hit the capital directly. Now this would certainly be a difficult feat since the capital wasn't too close to the border. His main concern was you. He had to go, but before he left, he gave strict orders you were not allowed to leave under any circumstances. He also told you that if you did leave, the people who allowed it would be facing punishments.

As for you, the fact Arte was actually okay with leaving you alone surprised you. You thought for sure that he would of made you come with him. Nevertheless, you do things aimlessly. The war wasn't looking favorably for Vols. You think of Arity. You wondered how she was getting by. Whether or not she is scared of what is going on. You wanted to see her once more. 

Cedric had instructed the two guards not to send messages to him. He didn't want to risk it once more. When they stripped the Roan guards of their armor, a paper that had Arte's seal fell out. Cedric had someone copy the seal. He then wrote a notice saying that you would be moved to another place for your safety. He suspected you were in the capital since it was the most safest place in Roan at the moment. The guards soon left and Cedric was hoping things would go the way he planned.

Another month had passed. You were reading a book in your room when you heard a knock. A guard stepped in a bowed to you.

"Emperor Mohned requested that you come with us." he says. 

"Why?" you ask.

"Rumors of an attack on the capital is on the rise. He wants to move you for your safety." You were skeptical about what the guard was saying but you agreed. You left with the guard. When you arrived to the gates, you see a small wagon and another guard.

"I am being escorted by only you two?" You asked confused.

"He didn't want to draw attention to your departure." You nod and get on the wagon. You are then travelling with the two men who are taking you to another place for your safety.

While this is happening, another guard who saw the exchange started writing to Arte. The way the guards acted was different. They also didn't allow him to see the notice very well. Besides, Arte was very strict about keeping you here. Why would he want you to move all of the sudden? 

"Deliver this to our Emperor as soon as possible." he says to a messenger.

You had been traveling for about two days when you finally ask.

"Who are you?" Both guards flinch at your tone. The way they were acting was off. One guard finally speaks up.

"Emperor Foss told us to bring you to Vols." you look at the men skeptically.

"He speaks truth." the other guard says. "I know you don't believe us, but I promise that you will be able to leave successfully."

"...Take me back." you say quietly. The guards were shocked at what you said. Your reason for going was because you didn't want innocent people getting hurt because of you. Besides, if you were caught, what would Arte do? It terrified you.

"Miss. I apologize, but my orders were clear. I have to take you back. You are essential in our chances of ending the war." you look up at the guard. Ending the war. If Vols won, things would change for what you thought was better. After thinking you finally agree with the men. With in days, you managed to get into Vols.

Arte read the letter and was furious. The letter said two men had taken you. Judging by the letter it seemed that you didn't know. By now, if not caught you were in Vols. He was certain of it, since you were travelling with men who knew the land at the back of their hand. He turned to his messenger.

"Tell Cedric, we need to talk. Face to face."