Ending 1

It was the appointed time and you and Cedric headed over to the meeting point. Cedric told you to look terrified and scared should anything goes wrong. He also said that it might help manipulating Arte to his terms. 

When you arrived, you were being watched by two guards of Vols and Cedric. The meeting place was one of the few areas that had yet to be touched by the war. You were brought to a room where Arte was waiting. He was glaring angrily at Cedric.

"I see you kept your promise." he said. 

"That I have." Cedric says calmly.

"Did you do anything to her." Arte looks at you and shudder. Arte turns to Cedric. 

"I wonder." Arte was about lunge at him but he held himself back.

"Sit. We have things to discuss."

"My pleasure." he turns to the guards. "Bring F/n to my side of the border. I don't want to have double cross us." Arte glared at Cedric but he only smiled. You were escorted out and was waiting to anxiously on the border. You were frightened. Cedric was a kind man and you could see how much he cared for his people. You became rather distrustful of people over the course of time and you didn't put it past him for giving you away if it meant that his people's safety was guaranteed.

Within the hour, you heard screams and you flinched back. Soon everything became silent. The Arte walked out. He was covered in blood and to your horror, he had a sword in one hand and head in an other. Cedric's. You covered your mouth. The Vols guards were just as horrified but Arte only smiled.

"Roan has won. Your Emperor is dead." he throws the head at them. Cedric's head rolls over and you see his eyes glassed over. You felt like throwing up and even screaming but it was to much to take in. You look up and see Arte walking towards you. The guards are apprehended and he takes you back to the capital.

A year later.

Today was your wedding day. Roan and successfully overpowered Vols. Esther was beheaded. She was sentenced to a much crueler death but you begged Arte to have her killed quickly. Arity was brought back and made a slave also at your request as you said she was the only friend you ever had. You didn't free her since she was young and since it was made known that she was the adopted daughter of the deceased Emperor of Vols, there would be people who wanted her dead. It wasn't ideal but it was better than having her die. 

Arity was helping pin your hair up and you had a blank expression on your face. You hadn't truly smiled since coming back. You would put on the act of a happy girl to appease Arte because whatever you did had an affect on those around you. 

"You look so beautiful F/n." she smiles trying to lighten the mood. You smile back at her through the mirror.

"Thank you." Soon the wedding procession began and you were exchanging vows with Arte. It was also there you were freed and crowned Empress. You ruled alongside a man who had no qualms about murdering others for fun and accepted the ideology of humans owning one another. You were no longer a slave but you were far from free.