Chapter 25

When you came to, you see you are in a tent. Immediately you jump out a bed and start running outside. Guards spot and they encircle you. No one dares to touch. One of them steps forward. 

"We've informed Emperor Mohned that we have found you. You can't escape us." he says inching forward carefully. "Now please, listen to us." you see desperation in his eyes. "We took great care not to get you injured. He said he would harm us if we did. We don't want to hurt you. We don't want to hurt anybody. This will end when you come back to him."

"So I give up everything then?" you say in spite. "Why should I obey any of you." You noticed the man's weapon. A dagger. It took you a moment to realize but you forcefully push the man down and take it. "Let me go." you say.

"You can't hurt us with that Miss." One guard says.

"I know." You put the blade of the dagger on your arm. "You said it yourself. If I get hurt so do you." The guards look panicked.

"Please!" One of them begs. "My wife. My child. They are waiting for me to come back. If you escape again, it won't be just us paying the price." you freeze. You knew your actions would have drastic outcomes but it didn't really sink in. As you look at the guards eyes, you see fear. The same kind they show Arte. You look at the dagger at your hand. By threatening to hurt yourself, you would have directly put these men in danger. 

"What have I become?" you whisper as you drop the dagger and sink to your knees. In that moment the guards seize the weapon and they guard your tent. You never stopped thinking about what you almost did. You didn't care until they brought it up. During your whole escapee, many have died for it. Deaths you never saw but you knew you caused them. You have tears streaming down your face. 

Within days you are back at the capital. You wait for Arte to show up. When he does, he dismisses all the guards from the room, leaving you two alone.

"You are a very smart girl F/n." he says as he circles closer to you. "It must of taken quite a bit of planning to be able to almost  make it to the border." You close your eyes slowly and when you reopen them, Arte is in front of you. He was smiling but his eyes weren't. He was angry. "Did you know the punishment for slaves is that if they run from their masters, they get killed. No trial, just execution. Usually they get killed on the spot. But I am feeling nicer today." He grabs your hair and you yell. He whispers in your ear. "You get to live."

He then drags you off. You begin wondering where but you soon realize the route. The torture chamber. Once inside he ties you to a rack with your back facing him. Your screams echo the room as you feel the lashes.

(A/n, hello. The paragraph up top. Not cool. Never cool. Anything remotely close that not good. This isn't romantic or right. Just straight up cruel. Books tend to romanticize this which disturbs me greatly because they keep on saying he loved her and she forgives him because he loved her. Bullsh*t. My point is. This is disturbing. I never go into detail because I can imply what is happening but I will never write something I am not comfortable with. Now onto the story.)

Arte threw the whip to the ground  (Cries for F/n.) You had stopped screaming towards the end. You back was covered in blood. You breathing became more rapid and shallow and your vision turned black.

"I hope you won't do something like this again." he says. He was expecting a response but he got none. "F/n?" Silence. It took Arte a moment to realize you were unconscious. Immediately he unstrapped you from the rack. You fell limply on his arms. "F/n!" he shouts. your blood covers his hands. He carries you screaming for a doctor. Once you are being treated for, he waits outside. A lone tear falls down. His biggest fear came true. In his anger, he has brought you to near death and now he doesn't even know if you will through it.

(A/n, Tiny bit I wrote for Arte. Is he sad. Yes. Does it mean he is forgiven? ALL HELL NO! Not right. Don't blame his background or how he was raised. This isn't something forgivable. I mean if someone stabbed you and apologized saying they just realized what they did was wrong would you actually truly forgive them?)