Chapter 17

"I was told to help with wedding preparations." Arte eyes you suspiciously but nevertheless nods. He then tells you your tutor had arrived and that you would be meeting her in the library. You nod and go to the library. Arte begins glaring as he realizes Regina had planned this out since the day he took interest in you.

"The b!tch (Oh the horror.) is smarter than I thought she was." he utters out.

 As you waited in the library, she arrived. She looked to be a few years older and had short black hair. When she saw you she smiled and introduced herself.

"Afternoon. I am Esther Shaws. I will be your tutor." She had a pleasant expression as she sat across from you. She linked her fingers and rested her head on them. She stared at you at continued smiling.

"My name is F/n." you say.

"I know. I heard a lot about you when I was being interviewed for the position."

"Interviewed?"

"Yes. Emperor Arte was very strict about who was going teach his beloved."

"Beloved?" You stiffened up. Arte wasn't married yet. If anything your presence has indeed had some sort of impact but to be referred to as his beloved scared you. This means people knew who you are. Your chances of leaving were getting smaller and smaller. 

"Anyhow, I have tutor younger children before and I know people learn at different ways and react better if things are done a certain way. So let's just spend this afternoon learning about each other so that you may feel more comfortable and that I can come up with effective lesson plans. So tell me dear, how old are you."

"That is rather rude isn't it."

"Your brain may or may not be still developing depending on your age. It is something that will be useful to know when coming up with the lesson plans."

"Twenty."

"Oh really now. Your younger than Lady Regina by two years. Ten for the Emperor."

"Am I now." You never bothered to ask for anyone's age as it never seemed relevant. Even so it piked Esther's interest. 

"I am twenty three." She says. "What about where your from?"

"A small village."

"Really now. How did you get here then?"

"It was destroyed. I was taken away and got sold here." Esther's smiles fade and she dons an expression of pity.

"I am sorry to here." There is a moment of silence. "Well for me." She finally speaks. "My mother was a noble Vols and my father count was from Roan. It was a political marriage. They divorced when I was young but I used to spend my summers in Vols with mother and stay in Roan for the rest of the years."

"I see." Esther asked you many questions like your favorite meal, what you did for your free time, if you could read and write, and all sorts of things. Soon it was dusk and Esther smiled at you again.

"It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope you are ready for tomorrow because I will make sure you learn well." Esther waves at you before leaving. You quietly got up and went into the halls. Servants watched you as you walked by. You didn't really pay attention as your head was in the clouds. Soon you bump into something, or should you say someone. 

You notice a little speck of dirt on your dress and so does the girl who bumped into you. She looks to be around Arity's age. Immediately she begins apologizing and tears begin forming. You try consoling her.

"What happened?" Both you and the girl stiffen up. Arte. He walks up to you and glares at the girl. "What happened?" He asks again in a menacing tone. The girl begins stuttering trying to explain. "Should I cut your tongue since you don't know how to talk." At that you interject.

"It was my fault. I wasn't watching where I was going and I nearly tripped. She was trying to keep me steady. She then noticed a stain on my dress and begin apologizing for it." you lie. 

"Like she should. A punishment is needed for ruining a dress." He is about to grab the scared child when you grab his arm.

"Arte she prevented me from getting injured. I think that overrides a small stain on a dress. Don't punish her please. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you did." Arte glares at the girl before grabbing your arm and dragging you away.