Road to The Games/May The Best School Win!

"And...here we are...this'll be fine..." I said, looking at my craft. Everyone around seemed vaguely interested, even Bakugo...probably out of sheer ego.

The item was a glove like thing, lined perfectly like individual muscle fibers, and made to constrict, and easily mimic how Deku usually uses his quirk. But...all without having genetics decide it.

"The fuck is this shit?" Oh, Bakugo...shut up.

"It's carbonium retrodide, braced with titanium based alloy. Basically...science, science, science and extra flare. Here, it'll constrict the fibers, providing kinetic energy...and release with potential energy. For safety, I'll attempt a 10% power output," I put it on my left hand, and sighed, as my friends were setting up a stone block. "Mink, my visor, and specs?"

"Here...*snore*..." Wow, he needs to find medication for that. Attaching the glasses onto my face, I cleared my throat. "Alright, test 1 of the PK Tensile Apparatus, prototype. Arm strength, at 10% capacity...and, weapon's hot! Stay clear-"

"Like hell!"

"...or stay around the big obvious threat to your life, if you're like Sparky...testing...in 3, 2,1...." I charged a punch, as the black fibers turned stark white, and I release a punch that annihilated the block...and most of the open wasteland. I cringed, seeing the glove, stinging significantly. I touched it, feeling my flesh burning out, and ripping the thing off my hand. Both my hands were burnt, my left taking up more of my forearm. "Damn...ngh, reminder, set power to 5%, and provide a coolant system for the apparatus,"

Deku, our favorite salad head, was quick to worry about the injuries I had sustained, along with Urakaka, and Mineta. Bakugo, just snickered at my failure, and possibly because I was in pain. He...needs a euthanasia if he ever becomes worse...

"Yamano-kun! We better get you to recovery girl," The floaty brunette looked at my burns.

"I know, I know...ngh...glad I'm ambidextrous...just don't touch that...it'll give you a matching third degree burn. Ha..." I winced, trying to maintain my joking demeanor. Of course they all could see right through my act.

"Tadashi, c'mon, you shouldn't push yourself so hard like this. You'd probably get hurt worse than just burns," Deku told me, concern filling his face.

I merely smiled.

"C'mon, Midoriya-kun...that blonde did things that would get anybody arrested. This is a walk in the park," I heard a low growling, probably from said blonde. "Hey Sparky! As a reminder...fuck you, dickwad!"

I laughed a little, as he was prepared to kill me...yeah, no sugar coating that, he was going to commit a crime right there. Again...why is he here?

***

I spent the last few weeks redesigning my latest project, getting the materials thanks to U.A. Academy, and designing it on my notes. Several sheets of outmoded and failed attempts scattered my designing room of my dorm. Even Tsuyu had her own comments on how messy I was getting during this time.

But, didn't mean I stayed idle; physical exercise took out half my schedule, next to school. Everyday, I ran a few kilometers, I did a few push-ups, lifted weights, and other stuff that would not be out of place of a rocky film. I even trained inside a damn icebox for awhile, even in those cold temps.

That was my routine, design, test, train, school, sleep, and eat. Nothing else.

Of course, that didn't mean I had no downtime to spare, as the few days I spent without worry, I researched Shikkagami Academy, the rival school to our own U.A.

One name stood out though; Shouta Nijima, the so called number one student. He had dozens of flawless records, and his amount of sponsors from Pro-Heroes was staggering. But all in and all, he was important to watch. I couldn't really find his quirk though...I wonder why they hadn't brought it up on the site.

"Hm...Nijima-kun, huh?" Tsuyu...really? Again with sneaking up?

"Ahem...I can't find his quirk on the site...it's very undefined. It just says, 'light-based',"

"Well, he could of easily requested to keep it confidential," Tsuyu replied. "They can request that at their own leisure; why do you think Izuku doesn't have a bio on his own quirk?"

"Hm. Wonder if this is strategy? For the games maybe...anyone who is competent to research their opponent would have to wing it," I shrugged. I knew this was just an enemy waiting to defeat me in a blink of an eye. Without proper research, I can't do anything to compensate. Probably why I chose Deku as a baseline. He could be the one with a quirk that is capable of handling the situations that may never remain constant. "Regardless, this won't deter me,"

"When does it ever deter you?" True...it's one thing that defines me.

I sighed and put the laptop away, bringing my thoughts together, looking at the schematics I had plastered on the wall, a mess of scattered ideas, and half-done sketches.

"You need to sleep more...unless being a worse version of Mink is what you are trying to do, I don't think lack of sleep will help you," Tsuyu commented, sounding oddly like my mother. With a slight tinge of bluntness I've come to know from dear old Froppy.

"F-Fine...geez, when did you become my parent?" I joked, yawning a little. "Don't you have a dorm?"

"I do. But, I'd rather sleep with you," Hm?! Did I hear that right?! No way, that's not a very Tsuyu thing to say! "No...not that gutter trash you think I mean. I would rather not ignore advise from health class,"

"Oh..." I gasped, realizing I had held my breath for awhile.

"You sound disappointed," She stared at me, as usual, but with a weird...presence to her.

"I wasn't...fine, maybe I am...you happy?"

"Tired, mostly..." Tsuyu replied, a light chuckle coming from her.

***

"....."

"...Hm, you have nice abs..."

"Please, just let me sleep....augh..." I yawned, sitting up, and pushing Tsuyu off me a little. "What time is it?"

"School...well, early morning..." I cringed at her words; the last thing I need is school...but hey, can't stop that, right?

Besides, the deadline is in a week now; I better double-check my gear.