Aftershock

Despite the pain running through me, I simply gave the remainder of the villains a target, as the other students went ahead and escorted any civilians. All Might had already disabled the core that was brought above ground, so I just needed to keep irritating these guys.

Man, they're stupid and ignorant. While most of the 'back-ups' were taken down, they focused on me. Because? Well, nothing concrete other than pride. Pride that wouldn't allow such a Quirkless loser to beat them all. And crippled in fact.

I...noticed my vision blurring a little. I was exhausted, in pain from the burns. Just so much to focus on, yet I had to shake it off. Had to. A job of a hero doesn't allow such things.

(Cue Music)

"Bring it..." I sighed. Firing a few of my EMP spikes, razing a whole group in electrical sparks.

Now the main handy man was getting into a rage. How fitting.

"Fucking Quirkless!!! Your killstreak ends now!!" Ah, a game reference? A game reference? Never mind, he is just as loony as I had imagined from Midoriya's accounts.

Dodging him from grabbing me with his hands, I used my wires to tie him down. One limb at a time.

He was getting desperate, swinging wildly. His goons couldn't do much, also being tied with him.

The few unfortunate ones were being decayed by him in a feeble attempt of self preservation. Shigaraki didn't even care if he killed his own men. Good. Less for me to deal with, no matter what moral standard I'd rather follow.

"You lose Shigaraki...they already succeeded!" I yelled at him as I held him at a fashion close to a garrote wire. Of course his decay ability was removing any sort of tension on his neck.

"W-What?! What are you talking-" He saw that most of his men had been taken, civilians saved and removed. And even more so; All Might. "Dammit...a second time?! Fine!"

Letting go of me, having rotted away my wire, he took on good look at me fall on my back, fully deprived of any stamina. I was toast. But he simply looked at me, a hateful, spiteful glare.

"...the fact an injured Quirkless could stand and outsmart us? Shit...you certainly are a top player in this arena, aren't you. Just don't think we'll just hide like tortoises!" Soon, he and the remaining men were teleported back to wherever they were.

Sunset was here, an evening that would soon grow dark. I could see some of the stars come into view. And even then, my breathing was labored. I wouldn't go on...

"Kissy!" Oh. That hero, Recovery Girl. I almost forgot. My skin had fully healed, along with any preexisting injuries. Sitting up, I was met by a slap by a familiar girl.

Kyoka wasn't too happy, evident from her tears streaming across her delicate face.

"DIDN'T I TELL YOU NOT TO GET YOURSELF TO NEAR DEATH?!?!? Why?!? Why are you so damn careless..." She sniffled, hugging me tightly as I watched a few other classmates come around.

"Geez, you were badass!" Denki whistled.

"Don't encourage him!!" He flinched at her words, but decided against pestering her any further.

"Wait! Where's my Mexican babe?!" Mineta stumbled around, flipping through the rubble, almost in a cartoon like fashion. "NOOO!!! I'm single again...I'll never find another chick who digs short guys...."

"Uh, Mineta?" Aoyama uttered.

"SHE EVEN SEXTED ME!! What do I do with those now? Cry?!?"

"Mineta?" Momo coughed.