| chapter seven |

Clouds move in the morning sky, kissed into brilliant white by the sun. They move south toward the ocean, together yet independent. Gaps widen and close, one slides right under another, and always they are changing shape.

A girl, one with fire coloured hair, sits down with a warm coffee mug in her hand. She stares out the window of her favourite cafe, eyes scanning for anything unusual. It's early in the morning, barely anybody here except for herself and the elderly couple that sat in the booth ahead of her, hand in hand.

"Here you go; love." A waitress, wearing an orange dress and a white apron over it, comes to her table with a big warm smile. "Enjoy." Victoria looks up and smiles, thanking her.

"Thank you." She moves her hands as the waitress, Diana, placed her breakfast in front of her.

"My pleasure. If you need anything, give me a shout." Diana winks, spinning on her heels to go and take an order from a new customer that came in, one that was also quite old - about fifty. Nothing suspicious.

Victoria's thoughts travelled to the two guys she met while trying to kill that prick, Ruddy Dole. They were handsome, breathtaking as well. She was surprised when they locked eyes, it was like something bloomed inside her, and she didn't want that to go away.

Hearing the bell of the door ring, Victoria glanced up only to see the two she was thinking about. They held hands, smiles on their faces.

She didn't know why, but Victoria felt happiness fill her only for it to go darker, jealousy probably, as Diana walked over to them.

"Hiya!" She greeted as the two walked to the counter. "How may I help you?" Optimus and Bumblebee smiled. They enjoyed talking to the humans that were nice and bright, always happy.

"We'd like a table for two," Optimus answered, and Diana grinned, her teeth showing.

"Why of course. Follow me." Diana went around the counter, opening the part so she could get out and showed them to a booth, past Victoria and it was only then did Optimus tense, feeling tingles in his stomach, his spark speeding up.

"What's wrong?" Bumblebee asked as they sat down, having already ordered. Diana left to prepare them.

"She's here." He whispered, low enough so that only Bumblebee could hear. The blonde snapped his head up, his eyes scanning the room until he found her sitting by herself.

"Well, let's go see her." Optimus looked at Bumblebee with shock as the blonde got up, dragging his mate and walking over to their other mate.

"You two stalking me now?" Victoria looked up at the two who sat in front of her, a teasing smirk playing on her lips.

"Well, I wouldn't mind stalking someone as beautiful as you," Bumblebee smirked back, leaning forward as Victoria removed her sunglasses.

"I'm flattered." The redhead rose a brow as her cheeks redden slightly. She watches as the blonde looks down at her plate and smiles, pushing it towards him. "Eat." Bumblebee laughed, shaking his head.

"Don't worry, love. I've got my own order coming." Victoria felt herself blush as she heard him call love. It had a weird effect on her, one that didn't go unnoticed by the two in front of her.

Diana walks over with two plates of food, placing them on the table. "And here you guys go." Blake and Oliver thanked her. The waitress winked, giggling. "Enjoy."