| chapter ten |

She walked into the ballroom with grace, all eyes on her as the chatter ceased and the lights were all focused on her, her beauty beyond the charts.

Victoria descended the stairs with elegance, her feet going in front of the other as she stepped down the last step of the marble floor. Her dress shone in the lights; the expensive diamond sequences were bathing in the light as the Chandeliers sang with the pianist that played the piano.

The redhead was immediately swept into the arms of a person, her hands in his as she gazed at the guy with a fake innocent look.

The guy had a massive grin on his face as he danced with the prettiest women in the ballroom, all eyes on them. Victoria's silver dress flew slightly, her tan legs on display as she twirled around the ballroom.

The melody of the piano played softly in the background; the other couples in the room begun to join in the dance. Victoria watched with a tiny smirk as she licked gazed with the eyes of her target for the night. The man gazed at her with lust and quickly attempted to swap partners, the assassin quickly twirling into his arms.

"Hello." His voice was husky, eyes swirling with lust as he gazed down at her breasts. Victoria smirked inwardly as she chuckled mentally. Every man was the same, all distracted by an 'innocent' looking girl with a smoking hot body.

"Hi." Her voice was soft, the redhead feigning her shyness as she glanced down at the floor to keep up her act. The man chuckled, and the two continued to dance, hand in hand until the dance had finally come to an end.

"Would you like a drink?" Victoria nodded, a small smile on her face as they broke away from the dance floor and headed to the bar.

The assassin adjusted the bust-line of her ball gown and smoothed her fire coloured hair back, removing the hair-pin vile of poison. In seconds the contents swirled in bourbon and her smile was truly vivacious as she handed it to the man in the bow-tie. He gazed at her for a moment, something playful behind his lust filled grey eyes and took the shot back in one gulp before taking her hand.

In those few final seconds, he was quite boyish, and his killer could see everything his mother must have loved about him, a spirit that must have attracted friends and lovers in equal measure. He barely had time to register that something was amiss and never felt his collision with the floor.

Victoria disappeared in the shadows as a blonde lady screamed, her voice high in pitch. The redhead laughed, jumping into her car once she reached outside and speeding down the road. She shook her head, a giant smirk on her face.

"Too easy."