| chapter sixteen |

When the two Autobots finally reached, they quickly transformed into their human form just as the rest arrived. All the Autobot were in human ways.

Lennox put a finger to his lips and the Eight humans, six of which weren't actually human, quietly walked into the abandoned building, making sure not to make a sound and alert the criminals in the room above.

They climbed up the stairs, the sounds of flesh hitting flesh were clear, and the whimpers of a human girl was clear to their ears. Optimus and Bumblebee let out a low growl and ran into the room once they heard her whimper.

Victoria watched with wide eyes as her mates ripped apart the three guys in the room, their eyes glowing red as they continued to hurt those that hurt her.

Lennox cursed before running into the room with the others. He knew that there was going to be back up and was proven right when footsteps were heard pounding against the stairs, running into the room.

"They have back up!" He hissed, glaring at them before taking out his gun and pointing it at the door, his boyfriend following in-suit. Once they saw a foot, they pulled the trigger and began to fire at the people, killing them.

Once Bumblebee snapped the last man's neck, Optimus ran up to Victoria, breaking the chains. The blonde quickly took his mate in his arms, wrapping himself around her weak body.

Pain ignited in their sparks as they watched their mate whimper in pain from just being held in their arms, even if the sparks the assassin felt soothed the cuts and injuries.

"I'm so sorry." She croaked, her voice dry as her eyes began to water. Optimus hushed her, cradling the two in their arms as they sat on the floor, Bumblebee in his arms while Victoria was on Bumblebee's lap.

"It's okay, baby girl." The blonde whispered, kissing the assassin's head.

"Th-They wanted to know where you were." She explained, breathing heavily, the gunshots feeling like a dull as her heart pounded harder. "I couldn't let them know."

"We know, princess. You were very brave." Optimus cooed, his arms wrapped around her stomach, over Bumblebee's arms. Victoria felt a smile tug on her lips as she rests her head against Bumblebee's shoulder.

Her eyelids began to flutter close, her heartbeat slowly beginning to slow down as she felt limp in their arms.

"Victoria?!"

And it was only then that they realised the pool of blood surrounding them.

"VICTORIA!!!!"