| chapter eight |

"So," Started the assassin as she watched the two in front of her eat. "What brings you here?" Optimus swallowed his food, smiling as he looked up at his other mate.

"Well, we wanted to go somewhere quiet for breakfast." Optimus shrugged, glancing at Bumblebee with a smile as he watched the blonde wolf down his food. "And it seemed we bumped into you."

"And I'm glad we did," Bumblebee said, his mouth full of food. Optimus scoffed, shooting him a scolding look as he slapped his hand slightly. Victoria laughed as Bumblebee gave the brunette a confused look. The two transformers froze, their sparks speeding up as they heard their mate laugh.

"So, what brings you here?" Optimus asked, cutting into a piece of pancake and chewing it. They loved the taste of human food; it was delicious and different compared to the food they ate in their alt form. Victoria shrugged, a small smile on her face.

"I'm always here." She answered, sipping her slightly warm coffee.

"Yup. She's a regular." Diana piped in as she walked over to the three, sitting next to Victoria. "So tell me, who are you two?"

"Well, I'm Oliver, and this is Blake." Optimus introduced each other, using their earth names Lennox gave them. Diana smiled, her thoughts going wild as she pictured the three together.

"I ship it." She blurted out of the blue, a vast Cheshire like grin spreading on her face.

"Ship..it?" Oliver looked at the girl with curiosity along with Blake, not knowing this earth term. Victoria rolled her eyes at her friend. She pushed Diana off the booth chair, glaring at the brunette as she laughed, walking back to the counter.

"Ignore her." The two transformers laughed, nodding their heads.

"She seems nice," Bumblebee noted, chewing at his pancakes topped with whipped cream.

"She is." Victoria smiled, her eyes clouding as memories flashed before her eyes. "She just gets annoying at times." The three laughed, but they were silenced by Victoria's phone going off. The redhead smiled apologetically at the two, slipping out her phone and answering it.

"Hello?" Victoria's eyes widened as she heard the voice of the person on the phone, she nodded, quickly getting up and walking outside, nodding her head once again.

"Who do you think it is?" Bumblebee asked Optimus, both transformers staring at the assassin from the inside. A look of concern coated her face until she let out a laugh, nodding her head and agreeing before ending the call. A sinister smirk covered her face, one that spread as a mischievous glint shone in her eyes.

"I don't know. But it must be someone she works with." Optimus watched as she walked in, an apologetic expression replacing her sinister smirk.

"Sorry, guys." She apologised, collecting her stuff. "But an emergency at work just popped up." Victoria slipped her bag over her shoulder and winked at the two once she stood up straight. "See you around." And with that, the assassin left the diner after leaving a fifty dollar bill. Optimus sighed, staring at the girl through the window before glancing at his other mate.

"She's going to be a handful."