| chapter thirteen |

Victoria sat with her head down, her face against the cold surface of the table in the diner on a Saturday morning. She sighed as she waited for her two mates to come and meet her for their weekly breakfast.

"Uhm." The clearing of the throat snapped Victoria's head, and she locked gazed with dark browns. Her eyes scanned the face of the man before she smirked, her eyes glowing with mischief.

"William Lennox." She hummed, gesturing did him to sit down opposite her in the unoccupied side of the booth. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" She was teasing him, and he knew it. The way her eyes sparkled with amusement and mischief sent him on edge as he didn't know what her next move would be.

"You need to come in." He told her, straightforward. Lennox made sure he didn't say it too loud for anybody to hear except the assassin in front of him.

"And why would I do that?" She whispered, stretching closer to the man that's been desperately chasing her for the past Eleven years.

"Because I'm asking nicely. So we can either do it the easy way or the hard way." Victoria scoffed before nodding, a Cheshire like grin spreading on her face.

"I'll come in," she started as she looked around before she locked eyes with the man in front of her. "Only if you can find me in the next three days." The lights flickered before they shut off. Lennox tensed, his hand reaching for his gun but just as soon as the last finger wrapped around the handle of the gun, the lights switched on, and Victoria had disappeared.

"What the fuck?"