(15) Don't Mention Them.

A/N: Since no one said anything about the Spotify playlist, I didn't make one. LOL.

Cute parts (with a little bit of twist), coming real soon! Enjoy today's chapter!

- - -

"Y-your m-m-mom?" Sahara stuttering as she asks. They never mentioned their mom before though?

Ana gives Mrs. Colombo a hug, then turns to look at Sahara and giggles, "She's not our biological mother, but she raised us like her own. We are who we are because of her. She's our mother's younger sister."

After a little chitchat, they all start making their way to the car, Mrs. Colombo along with them.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Sahara dear." Mrs. Colombo gives Sahara's hug, "I'm proud Damian has settled down, I never thought I'd see the day he would be a one woman man." She gives Sahara a genuine smile.

Sahara didn't have the heart to tell her he hadn't changed one bit, that she was just an object to him, she basically didn't exist in his world. Instead, she just nods and gave Mrs. Colombo a small smile. She likes her, Sahara likes how motherly she is.

"I'm glad we met." Sahara adds.

They said their goodbyes, while Mrs. Colombo said she would come to visit soon.

• • •

"I love her so much. When we lost our mother and father, her and Mr. Colombo didn't let us feel the one bit of loneliness. We were lucky enough to not ever feel the parent-lessness."

Sahara notices Damian's grip on the steering wheel hardened at the mention of their mother.

"How long, uh, how did ago did they pass away?" This question has been on Sahara's mind for a while but she never had the nerve to ask Damian.

Damian pumps on the brakes hard and the two girls would almost fly across if it weren't for their seat belts. "Damian, what the fuck!" Ana yells.

Damian raises his voice towards Sahara, "Why the fuck does it matter to you? What do my parents have to do with you?"

"I– I'm sorry, I didn't mean to–" Damian grabs onto Sahara's face, squeezing it into between his fingers, "Don't you fucking dare to mention my parents in front of me. Don't fucking try!"

"DAMIAN! LET HER GO!" Ana grabs his hand and pulls his away.

Sahara's mind goes into shock, she wasn't expecting such a reaction from him. Why such distaste when she mentioned them?

Damian lets go, and walks out of the car, slamming the car door behind him.

"Oh, we're home." Sahara says as if nothing happened.

"I'm so sorry, Sahara. Our parents are such a touchy subject to Damian. One day, when the right time comes, I hope he'll tell you about them. If not, I will." Ana smiles at Sahara.

Sahara nods, "it's okay. I'm not in a hurry to know." She partly lies because she desperately wants to know but in truth, there's no hurry.

The girls make their way inside and are greeted by Sebastian at the door.

"Good evening, Madams." He does his polite bow.

"My Dears! You two are back! I have some new–"

Katherine's sentence is cut short by an excited, shrieking Jennifer, "YOU GUYS GOT INVITED TO THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THE YEAR, THROWN BY THE WEALTHIEST OF BUSINESS PEOPLE! YOU ARE GOING TO PURE STARLIGHT!"

"Jennifer! Show some respect! You work for these women!" Katherine scolds Jennifer.

Jennifer collected her composure, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I just became really excited. I'm so sorry."

Anastasia and Sahara giggle at Jennifer's outburst. "You're the cutest! So full of energy, I love it!" Ana says to Jen. Sahara agrees.

"What's the event?" Sahara asks.

Ana raises an eyebrow, "You've never heard of the Pure Starlight event that happens every year? It's usually all over magazines, news outlets, social media."

"Parties aren't my thing... I don't leave the house often, if you haven't figured that out yet..." Sahara laughs.

"It's pretty stupid. It's a party or event thrown by rich people every year, where they invite other rich people and everyone shows off their wealth. Plus, there's an award ceremony where people get awarded for doing something good in the community." Ana put air quotations around good.

Sahara looks confusingly at Anastasia, "Why the air quotes?"

"Because, they literally get awarded for deeds that can be done by a normal person, like donating, volunteering at places, stuff like that. They just do it to show off that they're not stuck up little bastards and bitches, when in reality 98% of them are. As much as I love my brother, he's one of those stuck up people." Ana rolls her eyes.

"But the party must be lavish, I've always wanted to see what it was like." Jennifer says in a dream-like voice. Katherine smacks Jen's arm. "Owww!"

"Oh, I can take you as my guest this year, if you'd like." Ana offers to Jen. "Damian's going to take Sahara as his plus one, and you can come with me. I need a companion there anyways. I always get lonely and bored because I don't like anyone there, ahaha."

"That would be wonderful! I'm grateful for the offer. But, I'm pretty sure I'd stick out like a sore thumb." Jennifer says with a sad smile. "But I'm extremely grateful for the offer! I appreciate you offering something so high class to someone like me!"

"Don't be silly! I'll buy you something to wear! You're coming, that's an order." Ana smiles.

Jennifer gets teary, "thank you, Ma'am. No one I've worked for has treated me such equally before."

"Awww! Don't cry! You're like a little sister to me." Ana says.

"Yes, you're going! It'll be fun–" Then it suddenly dawns in Sahara, "wait, wait, wait, I have to go?"

"Yes, silly child. I'm pretty sure Damian's going to show you off to all his business partners there, as well. He's finally going to publicly announce his marriage when he accepts his award."

"He's going to WHAT?" Sahara almost spits out the water she was drinking.

• • •

[Sneak Peak For The Next Chapter]

She felt someone breathing down her neck, which made her jump. As she was about to turn around, Damian rests his hands on her shoulders making her freeze on spot. "I like the way you look at the sky, with so much love and affection." He whispers, sending shivers down her back.

- - -

A/N: smut is coming up next for all of you who were dying for some romance, LOL! The Spotify option is still open 😂

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!! // Follow me on Instagram: forbidden.darkness ♥️