(18) Beauty In The Breakdown.

A/N: Sorry about updating a lot later in the day than I usually do! I totally forgot about it bc university work has been taking over my life!

Also, we're almost at 300 reads!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME AND READING THIS EVERY WEEKEND! 💕

- - -

Instead of texting back, Viktor calls Sahara,

V: Hi, Sahara?

S: Y-yes, sir?

V: *laughs* how many times have I told you to call me by my name?

S: Sorry, Si–Viktor. I need time to adjust.

V: Yeah, I heard you still call Damian Mr. Vasiliev. *laughs again*

S: *laughs along with him* yes, I do. I don't think I have plans of calling him by his name anytime soon. Speaking of him, is he okay?

Viktor goes silent. He has a feeling about what Damian's up to.

V: uh, he's fine! Just on a little drinking spree. Work has him stressed out.

Sahara is silent. She thinks he's sulking over their little encounter today. Little does the poor angel know that he's out busy with... ahem... other things.

S: actually, speaking of work, I have a file that needs yours and his approval right away because I need to email it off to our client.

V: right now? Uh–

S: I know Mr. Vasiliev is drunk but just mention it to him so he can't yell at me if anything happens. I can't let this deal fall through or Anastasia will be upset, please.

Viktor sighs, he knows the deal is important and they actually need Damian's approval as much as they need his.

V: okay, I think Damian went to the washroom to throw up. I'll go find him.

S: thank you, sir!

V: it's Viktor!!

S: Sorry, Viktor! Please hurry, Sir!

Sahara added the 'Sir' jokingly making Viktor smile. Wow, she's fun to talk to, Damian's missing out.

• • •

Viktor makes his way to the back VIP rooms of the club. He knows exactly which room Damian uses because he's been here a couple of times.

The closer he gets to Damian's private room, the louder the woman's moans get. He didn't know if he should knock or not. He's walked into Damian getting it on plenty of times but this time feels heavy on him, as if if he sees this, it's going to be his responsibility to tell Sahara.

The heavy feeling doesn't go away, he breathes in and opens the door. He covers one of his ears from the loud moaning that hits his ears the moment he steps him.

Blimey, this woman has no shame. I'm in the room yet she continues to suck on his–

"What are you doing here?" Damian asks casually as he's slumped against the headrest of the bed.

"Baby, does this feel good? Mmm. Damian, you're so big." The woman continues to talk dirty.

"You know the documents on the new marketing proposal that Ana was talking about? Sahara needs approval for it right away or the deal will slip through." Viktor says as he tries to look elsewhere.

The woman starts talking again, "Damian, tell me–"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, LADY. GIVE ME TWO BLOODY MINUTES, FUCK!" Viktor yells.

Damian looks at Viktor stunned. He's never had an outburst about these things before. The woman was waiting for Damian to defend her but he waves her off.

"Why is Sahara getting them approved?"

"Uh, because she works for us? I don't know if you have realized or not, even though she hasn't gone to the office in a couple of weeks, she does all the work from home. Why do you think our marketing department is still doing excellent?" Viktor's tone is visibly irritated.

"Hell, you're overprotective over her. Yes, tell her to continue with the deal. And please, let me continue with my whore." Damian tries waving Viktor away.

Viktor takes his phone out of his pocket, "Wait, let me call Sahara back and you can confi– FUCK."

The moment he looked at his phone screen, his heart dropped. Sahara never hung up, she thought he asked her to wait on the line instead of hang up because he didn't end the call.

"What?" Damian raises a brow not knowing why Viktor looks like he saw a ghost.

Viktor puts the phone up to his ear, "Sahara, I didn't kno-"

"I sent out the proposal. You and Mr. Vasiliev should receive a confirmation email by tomorrow, Mr. Petrov." Sahara said Mister with such hurt. A small sob escapes her mouth before she hangs up, which makes Viktor wince.

Viktor's stress goes from nothing to out of this world, "I fucked up. Sahara probably hates my goddamn soul right now."

"What's your problem? I told her I'd be here before I left." Damian says without a single bit of emotion.

"But I told her you were bloody drinking, not screwing around with whores."

"Why the fuck does it matter to you? She's not your bloody wife, she's not your bloody anything!" Damian raises his voice.

Viktor's irritation slowly increasing to anger, "Relationships might be bullshit to you, but I treasure them. Your wife is an absolutely amazing person, fucking up a friendship like this would send me straight to Hell. I have one tiny bit of advice for you, cherish her before you regret every goddamn moment in your life." And with that, Viktor walks out.

Being the good friend he is, he didn't leave the club as he knows Damian would try to drive his own drunk ass home. So Viktor stayed behind to be able to drive Damian home after he's finished with his shenanigans.

• • •

Sahara finishes her Isha prayers by performing the last step of looking over her right shoulder and left shoulder by saying "Assalamu Alai'kumWarah'matullah" after turning to each shoulder.

She reads her silent prayers, crying to Allah
"Allah, please send one of your Farishtas (Angels) to help me, here on Earth. I don't want to live here any longer." she continues to cry loudly as if trying to rid herself of all the pain and distress she felt throughout these months. "This loyal servant of yours is breaking slowly but surely. I do not think I can carry on any longer. I'm sorry, please forgive me but free me from this marriage."

Allah will surely send her a miracle very soon. Damian will surely receive his karma.

• • •

[Sneak Peak Of The Next Chapter]

Suddenly, Ana squeals and says, "LET ME CALL MY BROTHER INSIDE. HE'S GOING TO GO NUTS WHEN HE SEES YOU IN THIS!"

"OMG! No! Anastasia! You can't!!!" Sahara chases Ana around the room but her tight dress makes it hard for her to take long strides.

Ana fends off Sahara with one hand, "Hello, Damian? GET YOUR ASS IN MY ROOM. QUICK! YOU'RE GOING TO FREAK! YOUR WIFE LOOKS LIKE A DELICIOUS SNACK TONIGHT!"

- - -

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!! // Follow me on Instagram: forbidden.darkness ♥️