(42) Didn't Know Better.

A/N: You can play the song I linked above when I say so if you'd like to add a little dramatics to the scene lol!

- - -

"Ma'am, are you looking for Mr. Vasiliev?" The sane staff member who told Damian where Sahara was asks Sahara.

"Yes! Have you seen him?"

"Yes, I saw him make his way to the rooftop balcony." He points her in the direction.

She nods, "Thank you." Her heart beating faster and faster the closer she gets to the door.

Something wasn't feelings right. She has this anxious feeling in the pit of her stomach that she can't quite make out.

The moment she gets in front of the door, she breathes out, "Come on, Sahara. Why are you so anxious? Just open the door." She says out loud to herself.

She opens the door to find a gigantic balcony-like rooftop with the beautiful gleaming view of London. The cold wind blows onto her, pushing her back a few steps.

She walks a few steps further in and that's when she sees a figure at the edge of the building. She knows exactly who that is, she could never mistaken that figure for someone else.

(A/N: You can begin the song, if you'd like!)

Her blood runs cold, her legs become almost numb, unable to carry her any longer. Her heart stops beating, her breath stuck in her throat. The world around her becomes almost silent, with only an eerie ringing in her ears that's almost deafening.

She takes off her heels and throws them to the ground. She breaks into a run, she could feel her legs weakening from the shock but somehow, she was running. She had to get to him.

"DAMIAN!"

Sahara's silky voice shot his head in her direction, his feet are still unbalanced as the strong winds keep pushing him towards the edge.

"Sahara... I need you to stay out of this. I need to hurt you one more time to make it better for you in the long run." He could see infinite amount of tears rolling down Sahara's plump cheeks.

"No, Damian. Don't be freaking stupid! GET OFF OF THERE! What the hell are you thinking?" Sahara grips onto her scarf, scared that walking towards him would provoke him to jump.

"I don't deserve you, Sahara. You're better off with someone like Imran, he'll treat you better." Damian shuts his eyes as a tear rolls down his own cheek. He's never shed a tear for anyone except his parents. His parents death was the last time he cried.

Sahara wants to shake some sense into him, "Listen to me Damian, screw Imran! I don't want him. I don't want anyone else! I want you, I need you. Please... please, please, please, get off of there."

"I heard your conversation with Imran, I understand that you crave a normal relationship. I can't give you that, I'm unpredictable, I'm a goddamn psychopath."

"Did you stay till the end of that conversation, Damian? Did you listen to my outpouring love for you? No, I don't think so. Just get off of there and we'll talk about this, just like we planned. Please." Sahara's at the verge of sobbing but if she breaks now, she won't have the strength to keep pulling him back.

Damian says quietly, "I can't make you happy..." He looks down to see how further down is the ground.

This action frightens Sahara, her stomach feels queasy. She wants to throw up because she's starting to feel weak, but tries to prevent it by grabbing her stomach tightly. if he jumps, she knows she'll be over, there'll be no Sahara after that.