(36) Too Much To Ask.

"Isn't this too causal?" Ria examines Sahara's outfit.

"I'm not in the mood to wear a bright red shirt or anything." Sahara says in a soft tone.

Sahara chose to wear a baby blue ankle length maxi dress with a white hip-length coat paired with white small-heeled shoes and baby pink hijab.

"Okay, fine

"Okay, fine." Ria looks around in Sahara's suitcase and finds a cute baby pink Yves Saint Laurent shoulder purse. "Here, this matches your scarf."

One look at the purse brings flooding memories of Damian back into Sahara's mind. Her face changes from a blank expression to a sad one.

Ria then realizes this purse is too expensive to have been bought by Sahara... that means Damian must've gotten it for her, "I'm so sorry, is this purse not going to work? I could find you another one."

Sahara gives her most genuine smile, "No, it's okay. I can't let silly little things make me upset! Are you ready to go? Is Viktor coming to get us?"

"Actually... Imran is coming to get us. Viktor's going to meet us there." Ria has a guilty look on her face. Sahara doesn't want to get too close to Imran as she has enough of a burden to carry.

"Oh... well–"

Ria's phone rings, she looks at her screen and giggles, "He's here! Let's go!" Ria pushes Sahara out the door and locks the door behind her.

• • •

Imran runs his hands through his hair, he's extra nervous around Sahara. He doesn't have much experience with girls, especially girls as wonderful as Sahara.

"I heard you like listening to music... who do you listen to?" Imran asks.

Sahara's ears perk up, she loves talking about her music or tv/movie interests. She could talk about them for hours. "Um... I like listening to all different types of genres of music in different languages. Name a genre and I probably have at least one or two favourite artists from it."

She claps her hands together, "Ou, I like Oasis, The 1975, Kendrick Lamar... oh and The Weeknd and Drake, gotta rep my country's people." She becomes immensely aware of her Imran's glistening eyes on her, so fixated on what she's saying. She begins blushing, "I could really go on and on. I like listening to Hindi, Latin, Korean, Bangla, French, and so on... wow, that was a lot. I didn't give you a chance to speak."

Imran laughs, "No! Please, keep going! I'm really intrigued. You know you're really smart and sweet..." Sahara's raises a brow, questioning how he'd know in such a short time. Imran begins stuttering from being so blunt, "I mean, Ana told me about you. There needs to be more people at my company who are like you, your work ethic seems great from what Ana told me!"

"Thank you, I do my best." Sahara starts blushing.

"Maybe if I start telling people at my company the brain is an app they will start using it." Imran cracks a joke.