Chapter 1: Life Flashed Before My Eyes.

Amora

The bell ringing through my ears signalled the end of the day an a sigh escaped my lips as it'd been a long day and I was exhausted. As I packed up and headed out of my History class my best friend rushed up to me with a caring smile etched on her face that automatically made you smile.

"Hey Val, need a ride home? It's raining pretty bad." She asked and I instantly nodded, I was too drained to walk 20 minutes home. Since I'd only turned 18 years old a couple months ago and my parents couldn't afford me a car I'd been relying on my best friend Riley to drive since she was 7 months older and already had a car. 'Val' had become my nickname since people loved my first name and nobody wanted to shorten it. My last name being Valentine had made them give me that nickname.

"Thanks Rils, I thought I'd be walking and I can't be dealing with that rain." She hooked our arms and we rushed out of the school building in a hurry to get out of the rain as did everybody else. Squeals escaped girls lips as they tried to hide their makeup and hair from the rain.

I was known as the sweet one at school: many said I had a smile 'to die for'. Little dramatic right? But their words, not mine. I always helped people out, I didn't know why people found this so fascinating since everybody should be kind to one another but some (especially Riley) said I was too kind for my own good. But hey, I liked helping people; it made me happy seeing them smile.

After 20 minutes of talking about our day since we wasn't in many classes and lunch time wasn't enough time for our gossip talks, we mostly done it in the car on the way home, we parked up to my house. "Here you go Val, I'll see you tomorrow right?" I nodded my head and thanked my best friend once against.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home." My voice echoed through the house as it always did, usually I'd get a response since mom and dad was home around this time. I frowned once I realised after a minute that they wasn't going to respond, I took my shoes off on the door mat and pushed they to the side before throwing my bag down before entering the living room.

"Oh, dear I'm sorry. I hadn't heard about a daughter." The voice sent a chill down my spine but my eyes were still focused on the scene behind her. My father and mother had their mouths taped shut and their body tied to the point were they were bleeding, their faces red in pain as they couldn't scream out, and beside each of them was a pool of their own blood.

A sob left my lips as I stared at the blonde woman who had such a devious smile, she was holding a knife and her grey eyes glowed as soon as they seen my fearful gaze.

I was dead.

"This is going to be fun." Her voice growled, it was as if she couldn't wait for this to begin but in that moment I couldn't think. I'd hardly even looked at her, my eyes were focused solemnly on my parents. Then, my dad threw his head pointing towards the door and his desperate eyes pleaded me to run.

I couldn't leave them. I wasn't going to.

Yet my dad signalled again, this time pleading for me to escape before they caught me and this time I listened. I didn't think, instead I bolted out of the door and towards the back door which would lead me to the garden. The keys were in the door which meant they'd gotten in through the back door, I fiddled quickly with the keys, trying to turn them and have enough time to escape and call for the police, but i was stopped by a 6ft man with a cruel smile etched onto his face. I screamed as soon as he dragged me away from the door.

"Please! I'm begging you, I need to- please!" I couldn't speak. My head was already spinning as I concluded the possibilities that they could do to me, well, I assumed the woman with the clean jeans on, designer top and high heels on with the famous smirk was the boss.