Chapter 16: Played.

Amora

"How're you going to do this exactly Ramirez?" I heard Don ask from outside the room and my head lifted of the pillow to hear what they were talking about. Although I already knew what they was talking about, today Ria was going to talk to her dad and anything could change any minute knowing the Ramirez's.

"I need to speak to him first then I'll-"

"Speak to him? Ria do you not know your father he'll kill you. He needs to be taken down." I knew this was going to anger Ria and it did.

"He's my father! I'm not fucking killing him." She hissed out at him and I knew now was the time to exit the room. My father and Don didn't get along with Ria much but she was saving our asses from her father and for that I was grateful.

I exited the room and they both turned towards me, both with soft smiles my way which I instantly returned. "Good morning. Where's my mom and dad?" I asked.

"They're still sleeping over in that room." Ria spoke as she nodded over to the other room down the hall. She seemed calmer since I'd came out of the room.

"Are you going now?" I hinted towards the talk with her father. She nodded and headed towards the room I was staying in so I walked back into there. She closed the door behind us.

"Im going to have security guarding the house-"

"You don't trust me or my parents?" I asked angrily but she shook her head instantly.

"I trust you. It's just incase my father tries anything when I'm there." I instantly felt bad for becoming irritated at her.

"Oh, Sorry. I thought you'd-"

"It's fine." She stopped me. Don turned back towards her.

"Do you think I should come? With me there he knows I'm defending the Valentines and if he wants to send people to kill them I could easily send my men in." Ria sighed. I could tell she hadn't had much sleep with the bags under her eyes. The thought of going against her father made her feel guilty, I knew that and for some reason I felt it was my fault. She was trying to help me, she didn't want me to get hurt.

"What if we left? Me and my parents just took of again and he couldn't track us?" Don shook his head.

"No!" Ria hissed towards me and I frowned. I knew she didn't mean it because she walked towards me and whispered she was sorry. I smiled at the sincerity in her voice and although I shouldn't, I couldn't help but think how sweet she was when she was nice.

"Don, get ready. Your idea actually made sense so you will be coming along side me. I'll be out in five minutes." He nodded his head and left, knowing she wanted to be alone with me for a couple minutes.

"Are you scared of your father?" I asked her.

"He's very powerful Amora. He's manipulative and I know he has people ready to fight if they have to." I raised my eyebrow in confusion so she continued. "When I took over the Mob he told me that if I messed up, then he can gather more people on his side to fight if it was ever needed. He's smart and keeps different Mobs very close to him so if he needs them, they can both ally and attack."

"Maybe he'll let us go this time." She chuckled softly to me.

"My father doesn't know of the words. He only knows to kill who disrespected him, and right now all of us are disrespecting him."

I sighed at the thought of her fighting her father just for me, "you can let us go you know. You don't have to defend us." My eyes looked everywhere but her, they found a spot against the wall behind her and she seemed to notice I was avoiding her gaze.