Chapter 20: Penelope Is Back.

Ria

Amora stared with fire in her eyes, ready to brush off whatever I say next.

"Do you think I got you dressed up for others to see you? No, all of what your wearing is for me and if I had it my way nobody would be looking at you right now." She snorted but kept her thoughts in her head.

The door opened and my driver offered his hand out of the car, I didn't even notice we had arrived. Stepping out I seen the massive dazzling lights of the mansion, and people arrive and ushering up the stairs.

I brushed the driver aside and offered Amora my hand which this time, she didn't take. I sighed quietly but let her get herself out of the car. She clearly hadn't liked what I had said and she was going to be difficult.

"People will be intimidating. I will handle them, you just have fun." I placed my hand on the edge of Amoras back while we walked up the dazzling staircase however she brushed it off and continued walking.

"Have fun at a MOB event? That's not possible Ria." I held in a laugh and shook my head.

"Ria Ramirez! Pleasure to have you here." Here we go.

Amora

Ria was being stoic and she was introduced to people left, right and centre. She kept a hold of my hand the entire time and it didn't bother me as much because I certainly was terrified, I clung to her.

"I'm sorry to hear about your father." The man who was the owner of the place (I'm assuming) grinned at Ria in a weird way that made my stomach turn.

"I'm not." Her short replies were becoming hard for the man dressed in a black suit to make more conversation.

"Well, there are drinks and food available and are coming round. Please help yourself- you brought a guest?" He paused mid sentence and turned to me, his eyes showing surprise and a little confusion.

"Yes, I have." She took a step closer to me as his piercing eyes searched my body.

"You never bring guests, who is this lucky lady?" This man asked Ria a lot of questions, as if trying to pry information from her. It seemed like none of these people knew much about her and the was all intrigued by her as eyes followed our every move.

Why did I agree to this?

"This is Amora. If you could excuse us Rick." She grabbed my hand and started ushering me away.

"Yes, yes of course." His eyes didn't move from us as we moved to the bar.

"Why did you excuse us?" I asked her.

"He was looking at you inappropriately." Was all she said before pouring herself a glass of wine.

"Could I have one?" She glanced at me, as if warly to give me one but nodded.

"Just one." I tilted my head.

"I can have as many as I like." The words left my mouth before I could stop them and for a minute I was scared of what she would say.

She handed me a red juice. "I don't think that's the best choice Amora, but your right it's your decision." Her eyes held no emotion; they never do. I'm beginning to hate that I can't read her, I knew that's not what she was thinking.