Chapter 11: Her Day.

Amora

I sipped on my Coke that I had received from one of Ria's security guards that wasn't interested in the game but smiled at me nonetheless. I was currently playing with Mike, he was another security of Ria's but seemed to be friendlier- and the only one that would play with me.

I looked over at Ria who sat on the stool by the bar talking to a man that had walked in less than five minutes ago. He seemed relax from what I could tell and as for Ria, well she was always irritated. I was pretty sure she'd rolled her eyes at least six times since we'd been here but I don't understand why she was so annoyed when she suggested it.

"Ignore her, she's always on edge." I turned back to Mike, who I'd learnt had two children, married and got into this lifestyle through his brother who had gotten himself into trouble with Ria.

"Has she got bi-polar?" Mike chuckled at my question before reaching to get me a ball.

"From what I've heard, no but I could be wrong." He answered.

"So why does her moods change constantly?" I focused at the bowling pins at the end of the lane with deep concentration. I hadn't had one strike and we'd already had one round. I aimed the ball with my arm before taking my arm back and letting it swing down the lane. "I have no clue. Ria doesn't open up to anybody so although we've worked with her for a long time, she will still kill any one of us without any remorse. Nobody means anything to her apparently so she doesn't speak to anybody." I wasn't surprised by his answer.

Mike came and stood beside me as we both watched the ball roll down the lane. This ball had to hit it, it glided near the middle but slowly curved to the left side of the lane. I frowned as the ball hit 4 pins before disappearing.

"I quit." I muttered, turning to Mike who'd already had four strikes already and beaten me on the last round. He burst out laughing at my anger at the game before turning to get another ball.

"Awe, don't give up doll. You'll get there."

"Was that sarcasm? I feel like it was Mike." He snorted but denied it.

"Look, I'll try and show you how to bowl it in the right spot but I can't get too close. Ria will have my head if I did." I nodded my head in agreement. I didn't want to see two dead people today and now I knew Mike had a family that he had to go home with I was extra careful not to step out of line.

"Right."

Ria

"So this is where you are. Wouldn't think you'd be bowling?" I smiled at the man's voice. My older cousin.

"Vic, I've missed you!" I stood up to wrap my arms around the man's large shoulder. He was tall but was only around two inches taller than me, we had the same coloured eyes and hair but other than that we didn't look alike. He mainly took on the legal side of our businesses as he always hated the prospect of killing and everything else that came with my job. In my words, he was a softy.

"Back at you. Now, mind telling me why I was told your at a bowling alley?" He wiggled his eyebrow. It was probably baffling to see me in such a kid friendly environment instead of inside the cells and torturing somebody for information.
However the thought of having to hand Amora over in less than a week had snapped me out of my wicked trance. I couldn't see her precious face anymore and it surely through daggers at my heart every time I thought about it. One thing I didn't know was why.

I looked over to see the girl smiling like she has been from the moment we walked in and was more than happy to put on them stupid bowling shoes.

"Ah, I see." I jumped at the thought of my cousin still sitting beside me on the stool. I forgot he was there. Shit, he must of seen me staring so intently at her.