Chapter 15: Are Flowers Romantic?

Ria

It was early hours of the morning when we arrived. I decided my penthouse was becoming an obvious place to where I was after Don came so I brought the two to my mansion, one that I haven't been to in a year or two due to it being so big that I didn't need it.

"Is this location known?" George asked, his eyes wary of anyone who could enter.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Valentine but I know just as much as you being in this MOB so no, the location is not known. I know what I'm doing." George snorted at me but turned away when I pulled a knife out of my side pocket and aimed it at him as a warning.

"I want at least 30 guards here tonight, monitoring each and every corner of this mansion. Understand?" I spoke into the warehouse phone which they instantly replied 'five minutes miss.' I couldn't take any chances with my father, he was keeping tabs on everything I did and now that Amora had been taken he was coming around more often.

"Sleep in that room for the night, it'll be heavily guarded. In the morning, Don will be getting a phone call." I ordered, pointing towards the room which was near where I would be sleeping.

"Then, we can see Amora?" I nodded.

"Yes. Only if Don listens to you." Cara was standing beside me, both watching as they headed to their assigned room. When they closed the door and guards stood outside, guarding it, I headed off. Cara following in process and she sighed.

"What?" I asked her.

"God, I really hope this doesn't explode in your face." I silently agreed with her. What I was doing is dangerous, letting out a man that my father wanted killed will only come back around on me. However, if it allows me to see Amora again and tell her how sorry I am for everything, just so she understands I never knew what I was feeling and I still don't but hopefully she could help me.

"Anyway, I'm heading home, I'll be back in the morning." I nodded her off heading towards the large bed that I hadn't slept in for so long before she turned back.

"I know your young, and in your time you've made a lot of stupid mistakes." I raised my eyebrow at her, trying to figure out what she was trying to say. I knew she was terrified about how this turned out but I didn't think she'd say doing this was a mistake.

Before I could react she smiled, probably noticing my angry expression. "This isn't one of them. You've put yourself first for once, not your father." She chuckled before leaving me alone. She knew she had annoyed me saying the start of that sentence and I didn't want to say it made me feel proud by the end but it did make me feel some sort of comfort.

I wouldn't be able to sleep with what I'd just done but it would help me figure out how this is going to work, most especially how to keep it from my father.
******
"Have you not slept?" George asked once I entered the room the next morning, ordering them to get changed because this has to be done quickly.

I rolled my eyes, "have you?" He nodded.

"Yes, now that I know my daughters safe." This surprised me, he and his wife could be killed at any time and he'd had a nice sleep only thinking about his daughter. Maybe it was just me not having children or anybody I love so there was no need for me to think that way.

"Thinking about all of this, my father is going to kill you when he finds out." He chuckled, making me think I missed something. I never liked that feeling, I didn't want him to think he was better than me. I was a clever and manipulative person when I had to be, this MOB being one of them.

"You can't fight against your father? Oh Ramirez, we both know him, we know how he works and we could handle him." I thought about this for a moment.