part 25

I didn't get any flight that night as all the seats were pre-booked.

The next morning I went downstairs to see my parents doing something in the kitchen.

"Excuse me? What is the special dish today that you both are in the kitchen at the same time?" I asked my parents while raising my brows.

They both got shocked by my sudden presence.

"God Liz! You scared me." My mother said while putting her hand on her chest.

I laughed and went there to see them cooking.

"Cake? Why are you both making cakes? Is there any special occasion?" I asked them.

They both looked at me as if I have grown horns on my head.

"It's your birthday Liz!" My mother said in a loud tone then looked at my father.

"I told you many times that let her work with me in the boutique but no you both were stubborn. Now look at her she is getting forgetful by the pressure of her work. Don't you know James? He makes everyone work like a donkey. And he must be giving lots of burden on her shoulder that is making her weak and irritated day by day. He must have..."

"Mom please stop it."

"Yes please. You are hurting my ears." Dad said while continuing his cooking.

"Yes. Do whatever you both want to do. Leave me both of you." Her voice cracked and tears spilled out of her eyes. She walked away to her room.

"Don't worry. She is behaving like this since a few days." My dad assured me. He placed his and mother's cake on the table.

"Thank you dad. I am very lucky to got both of you as my parents." I smiled.

Should I tell him that I am going in a few hours?

What will be Mama's reaction?

I was confused at the situation.

If one has loving parents who can do  anything for him/her ,then I think one should always give preference to his/her parents than to their personal life.

And ofcourse when your personal life is connected to Mr. James f****** Ashton.

"Is there any problem Elizabeth?"

Huh?

"DAD!" I whined and he laughed.

"You still behaves like a child." He said laughing.

"Yes and you still tease me like a child." I laughed too.

"I should go and check Mama." I went to her room.

"Mama. You know I love you alot." I hugged her from behind.

"Yes. I know."

"Mama I like my job. I did my business studies not to work in a boutique." I said.

"Yes. I know. I was... I got a little emotional.. I am sorry." She said while wiping her tears.

"I know you are worried about dad."

"Hmm"

"Now get up and come outside, it's my birthday today, right?" I said smiling a little.

******

The day went by shopping, eating at my favourite restaurant and spending lovely moments with my parents.

I did not go back to him that day. I decided to go the other day.