PART 33

*****
*****

"Hey beautiful!" Robert smiled at me.

"Hi!" I said and took a seat beside him.

"Whoa! Surprise! So at last you are ready to show the world your ring?" He pointed to my finger ring.

"Yeah.."

"The way it's shining I think it will easily catch the attention of everyone and especially the one to whom you want to show." He winked at me.

I smiled nervously.

"It's been three months since you kept it secret. What suddenly caused you to reveal it to the world?" He asked me in a sincere tone.

"I think I got fed up with all these..." my eyes landed on the person for whom I had put on that ring.

He looked at me and then at Robert.

I thought he would approach us but he did not. He went away to meet the guests at the party.

He was ignoring me.

"Excuse me.." I said to Robert and started walking towards him.

"....but the way you maintained the loss in three months is appreciable." I heard the guest telling to him.

I went towards them and their eyes fell on me.

"Hey! I have seen you some where!" The guest smiled at me.

"Yeah.. you might have.." James interrupted me.

"Robert's assistant." He said in a stern tone.

"Oh right! We met in a meeting." He smiled at me then looked at James.

"So you both know each other?"

I looked at James but he was still ignoring my existence.

"Yes she is a mutual fri..." James started.

"His fiance." James looked at me in an instant. I put my hands on his arms and held it lightly. He saw the ring on my finger.

"Fiance of Mr. James Ashton." I said while looking into his eyes. He was silent for a bit but then I saw his expression changed. He held my hand with his other hand and gave a small peck on it.

"Whoa! You are ENGAGED?" his loud voice caught the attention of everyone around us.

******

"What made you to put on that ring tonight?" James asked me while driving the car.

"I thought.... nothing." There was no explanation to this.

He looked towards me then averted his eyes towards the road.

I put my hand on his free hand.

"James.. sorry.." I said but he smirked.

He removed his hand from underneath my hand and put it on the steering wheel.

"For what?" He asked.

"For hurting you.."

"No no please don't. I deserve it. It was your revenge and I accepted it."

"James..it was not like that.. I.."

The car halted suddenly.

"I think you should go now." James opened the door of my side.

"Hmm.. if you want you can come in." He didn't reply.

"James don't be stubborn please. I want to live in peace now please , I want to cooperate."