Part 35

******
******

Present time:

"Liza we have another meeting tomorrow, and James will also be there.. so do you want to accompany me or should I ask someone else?" Robert asked me in a sincere tone.

"No. It's fine. I will come with you." I gave him a smile and looked at my ring on my finger.

I remembered the last time when I met him. I wore my engagement ring to show him that I have accepted his proposal but in the end I messed up everything.

Don't you think that you have started behaving like him?

Always creating problems like he used do?

He was changing. He was improving his behaviour towards me. I remembered how his eyes shone when he saw that ring on my finger.

"His fiance." James looked at me in an instant. I put my hands on his arms and held it lightly. He saw the ring on my finger.

"Fiance of Mr. James Ashton." I said while looking into his eyes. He was silent for a bit but then I saw his expression changed. He held my hand with his other hand and gave a small peck on it.

He was looking happy but then on the same night I snatched his happiness by arguing with him.

"I missed you each single day." He said to me.

"It was not that you didn't met me." I shrugged.

"Yes you met me as a stranger though I was your fiancée." I knew his eyes were piercing my back at that time.

"You deserved that." I took the cup and walked towards him.

He was looking at me.

"And what now? Why you changed your mind in a day?" He took the cup and we walked towards the drawing room.

"That's none of your business." I said and sipped my coffee.

"I don't want to endure your cold behaviour anymore Liza." He said in anger.

"Look it's my decision now please don't ask me again. And if you have any problem you can go out anytime." I said in frustration.

He kept the cup with a thud.

"Fine." He stood up.

I think I should stop hurting him any more.

I decided to talk him again on this matter.

Maybe I should talk to him after the meeting.

******

"Mr. Robert, Mr. James nice to meet you." The guest extended his hand.

He extended his hand to me too. I looked at James but his expression was neutral.

It was a really boring meeting. Because the only thing they talked about was money.

I don't understand why do men like money this much?

"Miss Liza Miller.." I heard the man said and I came down to the earth from my own world.

"Umm.. yeah.. do you need anything sir?" I was confused and I looked at my surroundings.

"Actually Liza he was wishing you."

What? Why?

"Yes. Miss Miller I was congratulating both of you for your engagement." He smiled at both of us.