Chapter 16

Chapter 16

ZARA'S POV

The front door opened quietly and I poked my head around from the couch in the living room and seen mom stumble in with her suitcases. I got up and went to go help her, when she noticed me, she stopped walking and looked at me. "What, you think I hate you, don't you?"

She slowly nodded her head and I shook mine and laughed, "It was a mistake mum, everyone makes them. "Besides, Luke's not actually my da-" I stopped mid-sentence whenevere I didn't see dad walk in behind her. I figured he would want a break from touring, "Where's dad?" I asked her.

She looked at me and then hugged me, her head laid on my shoulder and she started bawling. "Mum! What happened?" I patted her back whenever she started to choke and cough. She pulled away from me and grabbed a napkin off the counter and wipped her tears and running nose.

"We have to talk." She said simply and walked past me while taking her cases into her bedroom. I walked behind her and watched as she put her clothes in the dirty laundry basket, but apparently that wasn't good enough because she walked into the bathroom and came out with the garbage can and threw all the clothes in the garbage.

"What are you doing!" I almost screamed, "I would've worn those!" I told her. She laughed at me before giving me the garbage can, "Go nuts." She smiled at me.

I've never been so excited in my life.

"Zara." She said as she sat on the bed. I looked up to her, she patted the empty space beside her and I got up and went over and sat beside her. "Your dad... He-ah, he wants a divorce."

Angry was just shot threw my veins, "Why?" I asked coldly.

"It's totally fine if you wanna blame me, I get it. I did a really fucked up thin-"

"You made a mistake almost 19 years ago?!" I screamed, not meaning for it to be toward her. "Is he stupid?" My hands went to head and pointed to it, trying to grab the consept that my dad had to have a brain injury. "So that's it, it's just me and you now?" My voice was quiet.

"For the next two weeks, yes. Maybe, hopefully, your dad will come to his senses and realize how stupid he's being. He's angry and hurt right now, I would be too. But let's just pray to God that it'll all work out, I don't wanna go on without you or your dad." She sniffed, "I love you both so much, and it's killing me not knowing what he's doing up there."

"I understand." I nodded my head at her and hugged her. I could feel her blinking tears on me as we stayed hugging each other.

MEANWHILE

"My wife divorced me." I slurred.

"Aw, why would she do that?"

"Because, she got caught cheating." I slurred again. I know this is wrong, but I can't stop my words. "So she packed and left, leaving the papers on the table. My daughter is crushed over it, she even left her." I tried to explain to the women giving me attention. "I wish she was here watching me kiss you." I peaked a smile.

"You're not kissing me though?" She laughed. I grabbed her face and laid my lips on hers, they felt rusty and dry, not like Aali's. She couldn't go with the rythem of my tongue on her's and it felt awkward and, honestly, gross. She stopped for breath, she couldn't go as long as Aaliyah can and that bothered me.

"I'm sorry." I told the girl and walked away from her, I need to get home.

No I don't. I laughed at my thoughts, Aali doesn't want me. I told her to fuck herself and I said I hated her.

What's wrong with me.

"LUKE!" I called in the crowd. "LUKE!" I screeched. I seen his head turn towards me and I waved my hand outside the door, he followed me and we both walked outside. "What do I do mate?" I begged. "Tell me what to do before I throw up."

"I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry."

"I don't care, it was forever ago." I waved him off and placed my hands on my knees as I leaned forward. I'm actually going to puke. "She's me inside and out right?" I looked up at him and laughed a little.

"You got that right." Luke breathed. "Go." He said, I looked at him. "We have nothing planned until next week, and what you're going to do is just drink yourself into a depression whenever you could be home trying to fix it." He explained.

I nodded my head, "What if I can't fix it? What if she's actually done and wants nothing to do with me because of all the shit I said to her.. Maybe she's done trying to fight?"

"You guys have been together for too long for her to just give up?" He looked at me with his eyebrow raised.

"Maybe I'll wait." I said.

"Wait for what?" His hands went on my shoulder and he pulled me up rigth. "Wait for her to go to the lawyers and get the papers printed up because she thinks you're actually gone? What are you going to do if you're laying in bed- knowing that you should be home with Aaliyah and Zara and then there's a knock and one of us is holding an orange paper envolope?"

His eyes were studyign mine, and I looked at the ground. "Then what, Skip? Her name is already written on the paper, all they need is yours and out of hurt and angry you write yours and send the papers back. There you go, there's fucking 20 some years of your life gone." He screamed at me.

"think of it this way, what if you don't go home and try to tell her you're sorry and you're just hurt and then- say four years later- you see her walking down the street with some other guy, or you see her on her Facebook page and she's showing off another ring to all her friends." He paused, "THEN WHAT!" He screamed.

"I DON'T KNOW LUKE!" I shouted back, the las thing I need is for him to bitch at me like I'm a puppy who pissed on the floor.

"So instead of telling every girl in there with their tits hanging out that Aaliyah royally screwed you over and left you- when they know who Aaliyah is- you should be getting on a plane and rushing home to her!"

"I can't just leave." I explained. I couldn't, no one can just get on a plane and go home, not when they're in the middle of a tour. "I'll call her later, I'll be home in two weeks anyways."

[a/n] I know this is short but I have more that I wanna add in other chapters, this is mostly a filler & I'm really sorry I hate giving you such a short chapter but I'm super busy with school! I'll try & update tomorrow if I can! I'll try & get started tonight! Xxxbella