Chapter 40

Chapter 40

[this could get emotional. there's like two chapters left.]

Mum called me from upstairs. "Yeah?" I said when I seen her in the kitchen, "you called?"

"I have some news." She said and turned around to look at me.

"OKay?" I asked, she stared at me for a few moments.. Not telling me what the news was.

"We're having a party."

"Okay?" I said again.

"Your dad is retiring."

Holy shit. "No way?" She had a huge smile on her face and she started nodding her head like she was someone from an asylum. "Why?"

"Everything that has happened in the last couple months, and they're all to old to be doing what they're doing now. Your father is almost 42." She laughed at me.

"Are they all quitting?"

"Yup."

"So no more Janoskians?"

"Nope." Well fuck. That's a little weird, now I can't say 'my dad IS one of the Janoskians.' I have to say 'my dad USE to be one of the Janoskians.'

I had to sit down, my dad not being in a group anymore was a little weird for me. "So like... Are they gonna still be friends?" I asked, I didn't want to not see the guys anymore, they're my family. (Quite literally.)

"Yes of course. They had a little meeting thing last night and they talked about everything and they decided they were getting too old for this and they wanna call it quits before they drag on a good thing." Mom smiled when she finished her paragraph and took something out of the oven.

"Well okay, when's the party?" I asked and took a fire off the tray.

She slapped my fingers with the spatula, "tonight. bring whoever." She laughed and walked back to the fridge. "But dress up, we're going to the harbor."

***

I sat at the bar, a drink in my hand and my head full of thoughts. I invited the other boys but they couldn't come, and now I'm sitting here bored as ever. I looked down at my dress, I actually dressed up for Luke and he didn;t even think about coming, just a flat out no. It was kind of depressing to say the least, but boys will be boys.

I gulped down the rest of my drink and looked around the dance floor. Mom booked the Oprea House for dad and the rest of the boys and damn did she do a good job. The place is lite with lights and fine wine is served at every table, I wondered how she could afford all of this because she's only a Vet Assisent and she wouldn't let dad pay for anything. But either way, she did a good job.

My thoughts wrapped themselves around Luke, I wondered why he wouldn't come or what the reason was for the other boys not to come. Especailly Calum, he jumped on the chance to hang out with my dad. "Another." I asked and another shot landed in front of me.

I'm not quite sure what was bringing on all the depressing thoughts, but holy shit did I ever feel down. All I wanted to do was drink myself into sleep and not wake up for five days at a time and I found myself ashamed of that. Only because I didn't know why I was feeling this way. "And now, a message from the daughter of Daniel!" I heard someone say. I had totally tuned everyone and everything out for the last two hours, so I had no idea what I was going to do.

I downed the shot and took a deep breath. My creame dress swayed when I walked up to the stage, my heels clicking and everything goign slient. I fixed the microphone to my height and looked out at everyone, I was use to speaking in front of people so it was no big deal, I just didn;t know what to say.