CHAPTER 2

Shaysha Salathia

The drive to Sameer's clinic was not too far yet it was dotted with the heavy Mumbai traffic.

He parked the car and opened the door for Naina.

"Is this where I will be staying?" she asked softly.

"Umm...not exactly, this is the hospital where I work, I have a clinic here." he replied. "Come." he ushered her in from the main gate.

They entered the elevator and he pressed the button 5⃣.

Once they reached the floor he opened the door to his clinic for her to enter.

Aakash looked at Sameer and then at the young lady beside him.

"Who is she?" whispered Aakash.

"I'll let you know." replied Sameer.

"Hi, I'm Aakash Chopra, a counselor." he shook hands with her.

She responded his firm handshake with a rather weak one, "I am Naina Prabhoo."

Turning towards Naina, Samer said, "You can rest on that bed for a while."

She unzipped her sweat shirt and out fell the papers that were tucked in.

Sameer picked them up and asked, "What are these?"

"Some papers," she replied timidly. "which were given it to me."

" By whom?" asked Aakash.

"The police." she replied purring a little.

"The police!" exclaimed Sameer. "any.... particular reason why the police handed these documents to you?"

"I was in jail." was her reply.

"Why?" he asked.

She shrugged cluelessly and yawned "Can I sleep?"

"Yes, on the couch inside." replied Aakash.

She left the two and walked into the inner room, much like a living room and lied down on the couch.

"Where is the whiskey?" asked Aakash.

"It's in the car boot." replied Sameer settling down in front of his desk.

He kept the papers on the desk and began studying them meticulously.

Aakash sat beside him asking, "Where did you meet her?"

"Bar."

"Bar!" he exclaimed surprised.

"Yes," he nodded looking over at Aakash who was still stunned. "I saw her with these group of dudes who were kind of misbehaving with her-"

"So she screamed for help and our hero saved her. Yeah!?"

"As a matter of fact she just sat quietly, neither did she scream nor try to save herself."

"Odd-" mumbled Aakash. "and?"

"When I asked her if she knew them her answer wasn't so appealing. She said that she was with them only because they were providing her with an accommodation."

Aakash nodded silently knowing that something was genuinely wrong with her.

No one in their sane minds would go with strangers, he thought as he watched Sameer's expressions change from passive to horrified.

He sighed and sank into his chair after he had studied the papers.

"What is bugging you? Never seen the psychiatrist in you so worried!" he exclaimed.