CHAPTER 12

Soft Confessions

"Now say." ordered Sameera, as soon as they entered a small café.

"I need to know what's bothering you." he replied, folding his arms over the table.

"None of your concern."

"A few minutes ago, you just said that I am the doctor and you are my patient so I believe that you have to tell me what's wrong with you."

She brushed her fingers through her hair and replied, "I'm going crazy."

"How? What's happened?"

"I can't say it..." she groaned.

He gave her a pocket book and a pen from his trouser pocket and said, "Write it."

"Noooo..." she groaned once more. "This is usually said by boys."

He put back the pen and the book back into his trouser pocket and said, "If you believe in a sense of equality then, you can say it as well."

"You know what I want to tell you. Then why do you ask?"

"To know the answer." he shrugged. "Tell me."

"It's a...ummm... infatuation."

"Towards?"

"Umm...you...ya..yes you...I'm infatuated to you."

She had literally clamed her eyes while shesaud that. Sameer smiled and replied, "Why me?"

"Umm....maybe because..umm....you have given me a new life."

"If you have a crush on me then, why are you ignoring me?"

"You know all about my past." she shighed, shaking a little in fear. "You know really well that I'm not the one for you and perhaps I'm made for no one at all."

She sank her face in her palms and sobbed a little.

"Sameera, you are perfect in your own sense."

"No...no I'm not." she cried. "I'm just a garbage can, used and then thrown."

He held both her hands in his and said, "If you chose to be garbage you will. If you chose life you'll live. So, what do you want?"

"Love." she replied. "True love. Something I have never experienced in my life. I'm not sure if I can trust men, but you are the only man I trust and perhaps even love."

"And I am sure I'm the one who can love you more than you can love yourself."

She gasped aloud, she had got the biggest shock of her life. Speechless and breathless, she couldn't say a word.

"Your past has got nothing to do with me," he said in reassurance. "all I want, is to make a bright beautiful future with you."

Tears streamed down her eyes as she heard Sameer's confession. She didn't say a word, but continued sniffing and wiping her tears.

R E B E Lजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें