CHAPTER 8

Her Illness

Sameer rang the bell. No answer. Once more he did the same, still there was no answer.

"How do I enter....?"

He took a good long look at the door and sighed... 

"I'll have to break it open."he took a deep breath.

What more should I do for you Sameera.... He thought as he moved some pace and then ran and shoved at the door with his shoulder.

The door gave way and he fell inside. He stood up and looked around the house, it was dark, the lights hadn't been turned on and there was no sign of Sameera. He turned on the light and then took the stairs up to Sameera's room.

He found the door ajar yet found it decent to knock before entering her room.

"Sameera?"he knocked at the door. "Sameera, are you there?"

There was no answer. Sameer opened the door a little and peeped in and gasoed seeing Sameera lying in a pool of blood.

"DAMN!"he slammed his palm on the wall.

He bent down and gently pat her cheek, "Sameera, wake up.... Wake up Sameera."he urged.

She opened her eyes for a moment and mumbled "I won't feel.....pain......"and shut her eyes once more.

Sameer carried her in his arms and put her on the couch in the hall.

He immediately rang up Aakash.

"Yes?"

"Aakash come here with a car quick."he ordered.

"Ya."

Sameer looked at Sameera, who was unconscious. For others it would appear that she was fast asleep, dreaming of something beyond human beauty and heavenly bliss.

He sighed knowing well that her present condition was nothing other than his stupidity. He saw the bloodied bandage on her hand and gently undid it.

His eyes made out the carving of a spider. 🕷

"Spider?"he mumbled with a frown under his breath.... "What does that mean....?"

He immediately clicked a pic of the carving she had made on her arm and then bandaged her arm with a fresh piece of bandage.

"WHAT THE HELL HAS SHE DONE TO HERSELF!?"exclaimed Aakash in horror.

"Thank God you came..."sighed Sameer.

He picked her up in his arms and rushed into the car. Aakash drew them to a hospital and she was soon admitted.

"Sir, you must fill the form now."said the nurse.

"Ya."he replied and took the form and began filling in the details.

"What do I write for related as?"asked Sameer looking at Aakash.

"Boyfriend...."he shrugged.