CHAPTER 11

A Step Towards A Better Life

"Do you want to lead a normal life?" asked Sameer, sitting cross legged in front of her.

"Yes," she replied. "I cannot live with the past haunting me."

"Then I need you to do exactly as I say." he said.

She nodded immediately with a ray of hope that shone in her eyes.

He handed her a bottle of white coloured tablets and said, "This will help you, but you must come for regular counseling."

Sameer's constant counseling, motivation, medicines and most of all love bought her back into the present from the bowls of darkness in her past.

A year and drifted by and Sameer and Sameera became the best of friends. Sameera could share the inner most termoils with him and find comfort like heaven. She completed her twelfth with flying colors and was doing her D. ED, simultaneously she began working at Tiny Tots Nursery. Where she felt close to children.

Sameera was at the NGO like any other regular day, hearing the grievance of one of her client.

"Excuse me," she pardoned herself and picked up the call seeing Sameer's name on it, "Hello?"

"Hi Sameera, are you free?"

Sameer's husky voice which sounded much more huskier over the phone made her smile.

"Um...not quite sure," she replied. "how about you?"

"No much client's." he replied. "Thought of going shopping."

"Shopping!" she exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yeah! Ain't got no stuff at home." he clucked.

"What time do you want me to come?"

"I'll pick you up by...keep around 12, we can go for lunch too."

"A lunch date?"

He smiled and replied, "Yup, a lunch date with the most gorgeous woman."

She found her cheeks turn crimson and replied, "I'm honored."

Finishing up her work Sameera anticipated his arrival with glee and excitement in her lively eyes.

He stopped his car just opposite her and rolled down the window grinning at her. She immediately hopped in and said, "Your late by five minutes."

"Pardon me your highness." he clucked, bowing his head to her.

She giggled a little and turned on the radio. Silently he drove until, she said, "Stop the car and park it somewhere."

"Why?" he asked astonished.

"Stop it, I'm bored."

"I'm the one who should be saying this." he clucked in disbelief. "What are you planning to do?"

"Walk." she replied.

"Jeez....women..." he shook his head and parked the car....

"Oho o abbayi nekai o ammayi.." he began singing, looking at Sameera who smiled...

Hand in hand they walked into the shopping mall, filled with crazy hormones pumping around them.

After hours of endless shopping which annoyed Sameer out they went for dinner to a five star.

"I feel so safe with you," smiled Sameera, leaning her head against his shoulder.

Sameer gently cupped her cheek and sighed, "I'm glad!"