CHAPTER 7

Vikram Khandelwal

The next morning Sameera got dressed in her best and was off for her morning duty! Her first day at Café Rosé. As excited as she was, she also was a little apprehensive.

The night had been erased from her memory, yet her dark past stayed submerged under her unconscious memory.

Entering the café from the staff entrance, at the back of the café, tying on the black apron with the logo of a red rose at the left corner of her chest, she was introduced to the other staff members.

Quickly she was tought the basics of brewing a wonderful coffee, how to take an order and how she has to interact with customers.

With her training complete and the café sign turned 'OPEN', customers began flocking in for their share of the morning brew and freshly baked cakes and cookies.

Sameera served with a chirpy smile over her lips. Her soft spoken nature, her warm and welcoming smile and her deep brown eyes made her the centre of attraction.

Customers were moved by this new young host who brewed their coffee and warmed their cakes to perfection.

A man roughly around his mid fifties entered the café and was busy over his phone.

Sameera turned towards the table 6, where the man sat busy texting or perhaps doing something else, but was surely drowned into his phone.

He raised his head to see if anyone would take his order. Sameera gasped and dropped the little notepad as soon as she saw him....

Vikram maama..... Her mind signalled....

She began biting her lips nervously until she heard a voice "You girl..."

No, Sameera he's just your illusion. Ambika had killed him... He isnt alive.... She shook her head and walked away towards Ravina who was busy brewing coffee.

"Ravina,"she muttered patting her colleague on her shoulder.

"Ya?"she asked looking over at Sameera who was white in fear. "Are you cold?"she asked with a frown.

"Ravina, can you see a man on table 6?"she asked.

"Yes..."she shrugged.

Sameera stomach churned up, she felt like puking....

"Ravina, could you please take his order I'm feeling nauseated..."she replied and walked out of the staff door and to the back of the café.

She leaned against the wall breathing hard....

"How can this be...."she mumbled to herself.... "No.... He's supposed to be dead.... Didn't Ambika kill him?"

"I did!"exclaimed Ambika.

"He'll do all of this again...."cried Nandini.

"No....no... Not this time..."said Sameera. "Sameer...." Her eyes lightened up.

She brushed her tears aside and rang up Sameer.