CHAPTER 14

Abducted

"No, not dinner again!" pouted Sameera. "You always take me out for dinner."

"Oh ho!" he pat his forehead in irritation. "Where do you want to go?"

"Pub!" she exclaimed.

"Doesn't sound good," he mumbled.

"Don't be boring!" she snapped. "Please Sameer, pub....please, please..."

"Okay, okay," he replied shaking his head. "At 7."

"No, 9 O clock." she replied.

"That's too late!" he exclimed. "No, we'll go at 7."

"No, 9." she argued. "Please..."

"Oof...." he sighed. "okay."

Sameera got ready in white gown and a silver necklace. While Sameer was in a blue t-shirt and jeans. He picked her up and went straight to the Feel Free Pub.

"You didn't get your car?" she asked sitting beside him.

"I'm planning to get drunk." he clucked.

"Jeez!" she clapped. "Me too! But, will we be sober enough to reach home?"

"I won't be too drunk." he clucked.

Drinking taquilla and dancing to the beats of Put Your Hands Up, they made the best of their evening. At around half past twelve, Sameer caught a cab which drove Sameera home.

She wasn't as drunk as she thought she would be. She kissed him goodbye and the cab pulled off.

Sameera stood at the threshold of the house and was about to ring the bell when, a black Sidan stood at the entrance and two men walked out with their faces lowered and their heads covered with hoods. They stood behind her and tapped her shoulder.

"Excuse me," said the first man drawing her attention.

"Yes?" she gasped in fright.

"Do you know of this address?" he asked showing her a piece of paper.

She looked intently into the piece of paper until,

"Umm...no.... MMFFF..."

Before she knew what was happening, the hoodied man covered her nose and mouth with a piece of cloth.

She struggled to break free but the man who was asking her for an address held her firmly and pressed the cloth against her mouth until the chloroform knocked her off.

The men carried her away into the Sidan and drove away. Her phone was thrown out of the window, her hands and feet tied and her mouth gagged.

"Mēmu āmenu empika cēsukunnāmu." (We picked her up)

"Āmenu nā daggaraku tīsukurā." (Bring her to me)

"Yes boss."

Sameer sat down at the edge of his bed, moaning with a terrible head ache that made him feel like detonating his head against the wall.

Just then his phone rang, it read Kajal.

"Tell me Kajal." he said, pressing his forehead.

"Actually, the Spider Group of Hotels is a...umm.. how do I frame this....?"

"Kajal, I'm already having a severe head ache please tell me what you've found out."

"Okay," she began. "this is a drug organization as well as human trafficking agency which outwardly proves to be a hotel industry. It's owned by-"

"I know the owner." he said. "Why isn't this organization seized?"

"There's no proof." she replied.

"Then from where did you attain this information?" he asked a little suspiciously.

"We have an undercover cop in that hotel who...gives, umm... passes the internal secrets."

"Who's that?"

"Sir, I can't tell you-"

"Kajal, you know me. You know me really well, tell me who is it."

"Mukesh." she replied.

"WHAT!?" he exclimed "How can you'll appoint Mukesh?"

"Sir, it has nothing to do with me." she replied, knowing very well how he would react to this news.

"Who's the boss?"

"Pradeep Babu."

"Oh God!" he exclaimed slapping his palm on his forehead "I hate that man."

"I understand." she sighed. "Give me a second please."

"Sure."

Kajal kept Sameer's call on hold while she spoke to another person over the telephone. Roughly about 20 minutes, Kajal was back online with Sameer.

"Disaster!" she said.

"That's your new name...hmmm..." he chuckled.

"I'm not kidding," she replied. "I just came to know that a girl has been abducted from Mumbai."

"This organization is in Hyderabad right?"

"Yes."

"Then whom can he abduct from Mumbai and why?"

"A girl named Sameera Narsimrao."

"WHAT THE HELL!" he exclaimed standing up from the bed. He felt his head ache leave him. "What, when, how, how did this happen?"

"Mr. Reddy wanted her ab-"

"Shit!" he groaned in agitation.

"What's wrong?"

"Kajal, do me a favor." he said "put my resume across, I'm joining."

"Welcome back sir!" she smiled.