CHAPTER 4

The Kitabkhaana Incident

"SAMEEEEEERR," screeched Shaysha pulling him by his collar. "I can very well charge you of abduction."

"She isn't being abducted." he argued.

She smirked saying, "You are not related to her in any way and God alone knows what you will do to her at night as she is unconscious."

Sameer's heart stung with Shaysha's disgusting talks. He turned his head and looked at Naina who lay unconscious in his arms.

"Sameer," Aakash stated. "stop this rubbish, please let Shaysha take care of her."

"Aakash, I-"

"Sameer please." he pleaded with joined palms.

Sameer budged unwillingly and slowly let Naina on her feet, as she leaned against him. Shaysha took Naina's head and leaned her over her shoulder. Showing her middle finger to Sameer she shouted out, "Help me Aakash."

Aakash sighed and helped her into Shaysha's car.

Sameer got into his car in frustration and drove away exceeding the speed limit.

"How will I go home....?" mumbled Aakash to himself and booked an 'Uber'.

The next day.

"I'm going for work, you can watch TV or ummm....do something.... anything that you want." she shrugged.

"Even I want to work." said Naina sipping coffee.

"Any qualifications?" asked Shaysha.

"None." she shook her head in shame.

"Umm....as far as I remember, Café Rose needed a recruit. If the post is still open then you can take it!" exclaimed Shaysha.

"Gladly!"

Shaysha and Naina went to the coffee shop to enquire about the post.

"It is still open." said the manager. He turned to Naina and said. "You should know the equipments and how to make coffee, it will be taught to you."

Naina nodded with a pleased smile.

"And the salary?" asked Shaysha.

"15,000 per month." he replied.

"What about the timings? and days of leave?"

"9 am to 6pm. Half day on saturday's and afternoon shift on sunday's. You can join from tomorrow."

"So Naina, are you happy?" asked Shaysha.

"Yes." she purred. "Thank you so much."

"Now, I'll have to leave honey." pouted Shaysha.

"Okay, bye bye!" waved Naina with a smile.

Naina walked back home and shut the door sinking into the couch. Switching on the idiot box she began glaring into the news.

"59 dead in a shooting spree in Las Vegas. Twelve injured."

She flipped the channel watching a serial....

"NAHI....AYSA NAHI HO SAKTA....!"

In boredom she switched off the TV and walked out of the house. Strolling through the streets, observing vendors, children on the streets, women buying groceries.... The list would never end!

"

Name?" asked the receptionist.

"Naina Prabhoo." replied Shaysha.