CHAPTER 9

Another Name but the Same Face

Sameera was discharged a day later when Shaysha had returned from Bangalore.

"What has happened to you!?"wailed Shaysha seeing her bandaged arm.

"Nothing....."she mumbled a response. "Just hurt myself...."

"Oh....! This is all my fault...."she pouted hugging Sameera "I should have been with you...."

"That's alright..."she replied and walked back into her room and shut the door.

She stared at the dull grey sky shrouded with thick clouds through which streaks of sunlight hit the ground. Her eyes were as pale as the sky's hue, without life and without hope.

"Hello Sameer?"said Aakash over the phone "Are you not coming to the clinic today?"

Sameer clicked and opened another tab responding to the phone call "No, I guess I won't be able to make it today."

"Any particular reason?"

"Umm....I guess I'm just too busy today. Bye."saying this he immediately hung up and pinned his eyes on the laptop.

"Companies with a spider logo....."he murmured as he typed searching for his desired results.

He went on to the images and began comparing them to the one Sameera had carved into her arm.

"No....no...."he pursed his lips in hope of reaching his jackpot and helping Sameera.

"THERE!"he exclaimed finding the perfect match to the symbol Sameera had inscribed on her arm.

Clicking on the photo he muttered "Spider Group Of Hotels And Restaurants..... Hmm...."

He opened a new tab and named his search....

"Opened in Hyderabad in 1999 and then shifted headquarters to California in 2008, but due to severe losses suffered due owing to natural calamities the headquarters are back at Hyderabad

"Opened in Hyderabad in 1999 and then shifted headquarters to California in 2008, but due to severe losses suffered due owing to natural calamities the headquarters are back at Hyderabad. The owner of the business is Amresar Reddy, conjoined with his son Rakesh Reddy as CEO."

He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed "This leaves me nowhere...."

He made himself a cup of black coffee and began pacing his living room occasionally looking at the red light blaring from his laptop power button.

"Amresar Reddy.....?"he mumbled under his breath and took another sip of the steaming brew. "Big business man....what connection could he possibly have with Sameera? Spider group of hotels...umm....."

He stopped pacing for a moment and immediately sat on the floor with the laptop on his lap...

"Vikram Khandelwal...."he muttered as he typed the name....