CHAPTER 15

SPY

"He's coming back," said Kajal unable to contain her smile.

"You mean, Mahesh sir is rejoining us!?" exclaimed Ravi in disbelief

"Yes," shrieked Kajal. "I just spoke to him and he said that he's joining us."

"Wow!" he smiled. "I really wanted sir back, he's much more honest than Pradeep Babu."

"Agreed." she nodded. "The whole reason Mahesh sir left the IB was only because he let Vishal Bhai's men go scot free after he did all the hard work."

"That's over now," said Prabhas. "I've sent a letter to the CM stating about Pradeep Babu's crime and he's even sent a reply saying that the state of Telengana no longer needs his services and that IB Officer Mahesh Ghattahmaneni be given the position of Director Intelligence Bureau, the highest honour."

"What credit!" smiled Geeta who had a huge crush on her boss ever since she had joined the IB. "I'm so glad he's back."

"Look at her blush!" taunted Prabhas nudging Kajal. "Pray he doesn't have a girl friend, then propose him."

"Gosh!" gasped Geeta turning into a million shades of red. "How can I?"

"Geetu," began Ravi. "you know Mahesh sir very well, he isn't going to propose you, right?"

"I hope he does." she sighed.

"Instead of hoping go and tell him when he comes." said Prabhas.

"Mahesh Ghattahmaneni," smiled the CM.

"one of the most decorated IB officers of Hyderabad, is back."

"Hmm..." nodded Mr. Reddy. "he had resigned from his position, then why now has he rejoined the IB?"

"Aah well!" sighed the CM. "I think it's good to have an IB officer like him."

"Listen Mr. Pillarishetty, if my business is screwed up because of him I'll screw you up." saying this Mr. Reddy left the CM's cabin.

I will have to warn Mahesh to stay clear off Reddy, thought the CM.

Sameera opened her eyes to unfamiliar surroundings and the heavy air that made her feel nauseated. When she fully regained consciousness she found her hands and feet chained like a demented dog.

She sat up and looked around, except for a flickering bulb there was nothing and no one. Her memory bounced back to the time she had been walking along the jogging track when somebody knocked her out.