CHAPTER 17

Top Notch

"What time?" asked Mahesh.

"10 pm," replied Ravi. "top business delegates have been invited."

Mahesh took the mug of coffee and sipped the brew with a frown. Placing the cup down he said, "We cannot knab the delegates now, there's no proof. By the way, is Nikolai coming?"

"According to Kajal, he may come to fix a deal." replied Prabhas.

"What does, according to Kajal mean? Do we have other sources?" asked Mahesh.

"The tapped calls," said Ravi. "they state nothing with regards to who is attending or who isn't."

"Sir, going there is extremely dangerous, especially for you." said Geeta.

"When I took up this job I swore to protect the nation and the people from atrocities, how can I not endanger myself?" he asked. "We will attend the party."

"Sir but there still poses a minor hindrance." said Prabhas. "There are special biometric passes that save the prints of the ones entering the party. Also there is heavy security. It cannot be breached."

"That can be hacked." said Teena, the bob cut hair girl who was an expert hacker.

"Make sure the thumb prints are erased from their system. I don't want any traces of our finger print there." warned Mahesh.

"Yes sir," she replied. "just one more thing, there are CCTV cameras Al over the place."

"You deal with that," said Mahesh. "before we reach the venue I need the systems shut."

"Will be done!" she replied.

"Prabhas, you will come with me, Ravi tapp the calls, Teena hack the system and stay in touch." ordered Mahesh. "We need to buck up!"

That very evening, Mahesh and Prabhas we're dressed as top deligates with the highest importance under the sun.

"Spread out," ordered Mahesh being as discreet as possible over the blue tooth. "I want you'll to be as easy going as possible, don't let anybody suspect you."

"Yes sir," replied Prabhas taking a seat in front of the brightly decorated stage with red velvet drapes, pulled together.

Mahesh looked around and smiled and shook hands with few business deligates who seemed to think that he was one of them.

"Do I know you?" asked a deep voice from behind him.

Mahesh immediately turned and stood up with a broad smile, extending a welcoming hand.

"I am Shivam, the owner of Shivam Aluminum and Steel Manufacturing Company."

"I am Satya, I own the beach hotels in Mauritius."

"That's amazing!" exclaimed Mahesh. "Have a seat!"

Satya took a seat and asked, "What brings the owner of Steel and Aluminum Manufacturing here?"

"I was invited by Mr. Reddy," began Mahesh. "we are striking a deal, an excellent deal for his new restaurant right here."

"So I believe that you must be the sole supplier of steel to Mr. Reddy."

"You heard that right." smiled Mahesh. "You've come to strike a deal as well, I believe."

"Rightly said," he nodded. "it's a dream of mine to have a deal with Mr. Reddy."

And it's my dream to knab him red handed, thought Mahesh.

Satya took his leave and went to the furthest corner of the hall, buzzing with suited men and women in designer wear.