CHAPTER 10

The Darkness of her Past

Sameer drove her to his clinic and said "Please have a seat."

Sameera sat down on the couch and asked "Could you please explain the process of hypnosis?"

"Sure,"he nodded and took a seat beside her continuing "hypnosis is a process where I will ease you and make you enter a state where you will feel no pain."

"Will I be asleep or unconscious?"

"None of it."he replied "Infact you will be in a state of consciousness, and you will know what you are telling me."

"Will this help?"she asked nervously.

"Yes, this will ease your trauma and if anything more is required then....I'll let you know."he smiled in reassurance. "So...your ready?"

She bit her lower lip and said "I...am...."

"I understand, but I assure you, that you'll be fine."he said.

She exhaled deeply and said "Ready."

"Alright,"he said "take a comfortable position."

"Can I lie down?"

"Yes."

Sameera lied down on the couch, with her head on a cushion. Sameer pulled a chair close to the couch and asked "Comfortable?"

"Yes."

"So, I'll dim the lights now and you have to just do as I say."

Saying this, he dimmed the lights and sat back on the chair. He looked at Sameera with a smile. She smiled at him and held his warm hand with her cold one.

"Okay,"he inhaled deeply, mentally preparing himself to conduct the session. "I want you to close your eyes."

She shut her eyes and entered a dark world.....

"Now, inhale deeply. Let the cool air enter your nostrils, feel it filling your lungs. Now, exhale gently, do you feel the air warm?"

"Yes."she replied, concentrating on her breathing.

"That's good,"he encouraged "you are safe, calm and you love yourself."

"Ease the stiffness in your muscles and you will slowly feel as light and flexible as ever."

Sameera's stiffness eased as the muscles in her body relaxed at his slow, deep voice.

As Sameer saw her relaxed he continued "Ease the pain in your ankles... Let your arms gently slip by your side."

Slowly, Sameera's hand detached from Sameer's and slipped to her sides.

"Gently, open your eyes."

As she opened her eyes, she felt them heavy and felt like closing them...

"Sameera,"his voice was deep, yet soothing. "look at this pendulum."