CHAPTER 3

The Bar Encounter

Shaysha drived her silver Ford, pulling off from the main road and into the bylanes,

"You must be starved!?" she exclaimed, glancing at Naina.

"Yes...a little..." she mumbled tugging at the sleeve of her sweat shirt.

"You have become so pale and thin, I wish I could do something for you." sighed Shaysha in deep guilt.

"What could you have possibly done?" asked Naina giving herself a pitiful laugh.

Shaysha had no reply to that and remained silent and drived. Turning sharply in a corner she parked the car in the parking lot and stated, "This is where I live."

Naina smiled faintly and whispered, "I hope I am not a cause of trouble to you..."

"C'mon Naina!" she exclaimed. "your my best friend I have never had someone come over, how can I be troubled by having you home?"

Sameer sat quitely at his desk, his eyes pinned on the monitor in front of him as his index finger scrolled down over the mouse.

"What's so interesting?" asked Aakash.

"DID." he replied.

"Dance India Dance!" he exclaimed.

"No idiot!" he snapped. "Dissociative Identity Disorder."

"What about it?" he asked.

"Nothing much..."

He looked up at the wall clock and sighed saying, "It's five we must leave."

"Is it a Saturday!?" exclaimed Aakash.

"Yes."

"Then we need to go to the pub!" exclaimed Aakash.

"You carry on, I won't." he replied.

"Sameer, we pub every Saturday why not today?" he asked.

"Aakash I'm in no mood to-"

"Just because Naina isn't at your place?" he frowned.

"Alright I'm coming." snapped Sameer before Aakash could taunt him any further.

"Naina, freshen up we will go to the pub." said Shaysha.

"Pub? What is that?" she asked.

"Naina...." she pouted pulling her cheeks. "It's a place where we can dance....umm... drink....make out...."

"Make out?"

"Okay it's nothing!" she exclaimed exasperated, rolling her eyes at her.

Sameer quickly dressed in his smart casuals and was off in his black Skoda to pick up Aakash.

"Wow!" exclaimed Aakash looking at Sameer, "Hero, huh...! Trying to look for a girl?" he winked.

Sameer shook his head without a reply and began to concentrate on the road ahead.

He was strangely silent, until Aakash broke the silence, "Since that lass left, you are quite. You didn't have lunch and now in the pub if you drink you will be dru-"

"I'm not planning on drinking tonight, I'll accompany you with a fruit punch." he replied.

"Sameer, something is wro-"

"Aakash, it would be best to stop thinking about me." he replied glancing at his friend.

Though it was extremely rude of him to say so, Aakash knew that his friend was infatuated by his new patient and was struggling to forget about her.