Chapter 2

It was cold, dark, and cramped. What? Where am I? Komaru awoke with a massive headache, stumbling to her feet. She glanced around, nothing visible but darkness.

All the memories came flooding back into her mind, she and Touko fighting to get free and screaming, all the Monokumas surrounding them. Warm tears trickled down her cheeks. "Touko...I'm so sorry...I couldn't save you." Her crying was interrupted by a flash of frustration and worry. "Those damn bears, what did they do with her?! What if she's hurt?"

Komaru glanced around the room she was in. Or was it a room? It felt like a jail cell without bars. She looked around, searching every inch of the place for her megaphone. But all she saw was a small, dark, empty room. It was nowhere in sight. "Great," she scowled, but tried to stay positive, though in this situation it was tough to. Komaru kicked angrily at the cold, heavy walls. "HELLOOOOO?!" She cried out, but no one seemed to hear her, and if anyone could, they paid no attention.

She sat back down and buried her head in her knees. How am I gonna get out of here? She thought, as a million other questions and worries raced through her mind, but only one thought consumed her the most. Touko, how was she going to save her? Komaru sat there for what seemed like hours, trying desperately to find a way out.

Then, just as she was about to lose hope, the walls behind her separated, revealing the empty, broken down society she knew. 

Komaru looked ahead of her, no one else in sight, not even a single Monokuma, but she couldn't be so sure. "Alright," she said aloud to herself. "I have to find Touko!" And with that, she ran off into the crippling mess of the world.