Chapter 13

Komaru panicked, she had no clue what to do, or if Touko was even alive. Hot tears ran down her cheeks. I can't lose you again... She thought, desperately clawing for an answer. She managed to pick up Touko's blood soaked figure and carry it across the rest of the beam without either of them getting hurt.

She pressed her ear against Touko's chest. Komaru's heart skipped a beat. A pulse! She hurriedly dropped Touko off on a thin platform, her arms and shirt now red with blood as well. Monaca was getting impatient, and they now had 11 minutes.

"Mmnh..." Touko awoke, then immediately fainted again at the sight of blood. Komaru shook her back awake. "Touko, I know you're hurt, and we'll get help later, but we only have 11, make that 10 minutes left!" She helped her friend to her wobbly feet.

They swung across a few more ropes, barley making it. Once they reached the end, they still had 2 minutes left to spare. Komaru held her hand out, and Touko weakly high-fived her.

Monaca sprang to attention. "Well, well! Look who made it! Congrats!" She said in an annoyed tone, gritting her teeth. Monaca sighed. She immediately turned back to her bright, sadistic self. "Oki doki! Time for our next challenge! She clicked a button, and a door in front of the girls opened.

Komaru raised her hand. "Hey wait! Can we at least get Touko some help first?!" Monaca rolled her eyes. "Ugh, fine. There should be some sort of bandage-cloth thingy in the torture chamber. The two became suspicious, but Komaru quickly grabbed it and ran out. A red color overtook Touko's already bloody cheeks as Komaru wrapped the bandage around her legs and arms.

Komaru helped her up. "T-thanks..." The two girls exchanged a longing look for about 5 seconds before they were (again) rudely interrupted. "Come on! This again?! Your next challenge awaits, after you!" They walked into the next door, having no idea what to expect.