Chapter 9

Touko and Komaru stared into each other's widened eyes in amazement. Their lips locked against one another, then they slowly let go, keeping their gaze. Touko looked away, embarrassed. All Komaru could do was stare at her, faces dusted red. "Touko...why did you...that was-" Touko interrupted, "I'm such an idiot! I'm so sorry, Komaru...please, just, forget it ever happened."

How could she forget? Komaru thought it was...amazing. The best thing that ever happened to her, her favorite person in the world was Touko. She wanted to be with her, maybe even kiss again.

Komaru began to cough up more blood. It hadn't worked, Touko did it all for nothing. What? How could that not have worked...
now I look like even more of an idiot!
Her heart pounded rapidly against her chest, she could feel it. Why does it beat more when I look at Komaru?

Touko again checked her watch, 0:0:7. Aaah! 7 minutes?! Touko tried everything she could to save Komaru. When nothing was working, she grabbed her time limit watch and pulled. To her surprise, it loosened and broke off. Komaru stopped coughing and got back up.

They stared at each other for a good while, embarrassingly looking away and blushing, thinking about the kiss. The girls reverted their gaze back towards each other, then embraced tightly. Tears flooded out their eyes. "Touko! I thought I'd never see you again! I was so worried!" "Same here! I was so relieved when I finally found you, Komaru, time was running out!"

They let go. "Huh? What do you mean time was running out?" Asked Komaru, still knowing nothing about Toukos part of the adventure. They sat down together, and Touko told Komaru everything about the room she was in, the Monokuma on screen, her time limit, the giant Monobear robot. Everything from when they got separated.

"Woah! Damn, a lot of crazy stuff happened these past few days, huh? I was in a room just like that, and I saw the giant Monokuma robot too!" Komaru told her story as well. "Whoever's behind this, we have to find and stop them. They could hurt more people! Or worse!" Touko said frantically.

Komaru tried calming her down. This seemed obvious, right? Well...it couldn't be who she thought it was. Junko Enoshima was dead, who else would do something like this? Maybe one of the remnants-

"Aw, seems you've found each other. Crap, guess my plan failed, huh? No matter how despair inducing you are, no one always gets what they want. After all, I could never be as good as big sister Junko was." The girls looked up. There, in front of them, was the mastermind behind this sick little plot.