Chapter 5

Touko didn't know what to do. She'd been searching for hours, but Komaru wasn't anywhere. A strong wind breezed passed, she began to worry more and more about her friend each second. Her throat hurt from calling out so many times, and there was never any response.

Touko checked her time limit watch. It read 3:42:15. What if...what if I don't find her by when the time limit is up?! She tried not to worry about that, but it pained her so much to think that Komaru could die, all because of her. She missed her so much. Touko began to feel her cheeks turn red as she thought of Komaru's warm smile.

She shook herself out of her daze. "No, I need to focus!" A Monokuma could be sighted nearby, but she didn't have her taser.

"What am I supposed to do?! I can't just leave it there!" Touko said aloud to herself. Without warning, her feet charged forward, running faster and faster towards the Monobear.

W-what the hell am I doing? Why won't my legs stop?! She stopped began to slow down in front of it, and it turned around. She could feel herself sweating all over, but she grabbed a rock and threw it at the Monokuma. Nothing happened, it continued to stand there and stare at her, which was becoming quite unsettling.

Touko froze like a deer in headlights, not knowing at all what to do. She needed Syo, or better yet, Komaru. The Monokuma smacked her into a pile of debris with its paw.

She awoke shortly after as Syo, whipped out her scissors and slashed through the Monobear. The left lens of her glasses was cracked, but she couldn't take them off without everything being too blurry.

Syo took out a few more nearby Monokumas and tickled her nose with her hair to sneeze and revert back to Touko. Confused to what had happened at first, but she was too tried and worried to care. She found a spot on top of an old, flat roof that looked like it could collapse at any second. Touko lied down, trying to sleep, but her thoughts of Komaru kept occupying her. She worried about her so much, and she had to find her soon. But...what if she never did?