Chapter 17

Komaru awoke in the same damn dark room she had been in before. Panic filled her insides. All she could worry about was Touko. "Touko? Can you hear me?" She cried out, but no response came. "Dammit, Monaca! What am I supposed to do?"

"Hello, hello! I see someone's awoken on the wrong side of the bed. If you're looking for Touko, she's...somewhere else." Komaru's face went pale. "I-Is she alive?" Monaca laughed. "Of course she's alive! This game wouldn't be fun enough without her!"

"Game? But...that's not fair!" Monaca rolled her eyes. "Not fair, hm? Not fair is escaping without permission! Do you even know how many viewers I lost?" Komaru felt rage bubbling up inside her. "Do you want to know what I think not fair is? It's kidnapping us, separating us, almost killing one of us, and making us play your stupid game! And all for what? So you can have a television show?"

Monaca grimaced. "Well...it's for a good cause!" Komaru raised an eyebrow. "A good cause? What could this possibly be a good cause for?" Monaca gulped. "People's viewing pleasure, of course! And, in honor of Junko, who your girlfriend killed!"

Komaru's checks slightly dusted with red. "Pfft, she isn't my girlfriend. But anyway, in my opinion, anyone who watches people being injured to death for fun is sick! And Touko didn't kill Junko, she executed herself!"

Monaca sighed. "Whatever, let's just get on with the game again." She widely smiled with a microphone in hand. "Good evening, everyone! I do apologize for the short hiatus, but we're back and more despair inducing than ever!"

Touko emerged from a door on the left. "W-What? Not this again!" Komaru came out of a door on the right. She frantically searched everywhere around her. "Touko! There you are, are you hurt?" She ran over to her friend and tightly embraced her. That warm, fuzzy feeling only lasted for about a second, because all of a sudden, both girls were painfully shocked.

"Ow! What the hell?" Komaru looked down at her ankle, where a small, metal anklet was locked around it. Touko had one as well. Monaca sadistically giggled. "I told you, don't even try to work together!"

(Aaa, I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long! I'm planning on updating more frequently, or at least, not leaving for 3 months again. Also, thank you guys so so much for 1k reads! It really means a lot.)