Chapter 3

Touko had been kicking at the walls and calling for help for hours. She remembered Komaru yelling, trying so hard to fight back against the Monobears, but it was no use.

She was drowning in fear. Touko had always hated the dark, and the room she was in was so dark and stuffy, she nearly had a heart attack.

Sinister laughter suddenly filled the empty space. She tried her best to stay still, but she was too scared. I know that laugh. She thought, as a screen featuring Monokuma moved closer towards her.

"Heya kiddo! Long time no see, huh? Feeling the despair yet?" He chuckled. "Y-you! What the hell did you do with Komaru?!" She retorted angrily. Monokuma's face lit up. "Oh, so you wanna see her again, hm? Well...there is a way...but there are a few special rules you'll have to follow." Touko had an uneasy feeling. "What rules...?"

"Pay close attention, cause I'm only gonna say this once. You two are each in a room exactly like this one. One of you has already escaped with no clue in hell what's going on, that'd be the other one. You, on the other hand, know what's happening. Therefore, you're gonna get out there and search for her. But beware, you've only got a certain amount of time to find her before...dun dun dun! She dies!"

"H-huh?! Are you out of your damn mind?! if I don't find Komaru within a certain amount of time she dies and it'll be all my fault?!"

"Right on, kid! Now, get goin! The clock is tickin! By the by, you've only got 5 days. Have fun!" Monobear laughed sadistically, and the screen disappeared.

Touko turned to see an exit had formed, one that definitely wasn't there before. A watch was clasped to her wrist that hadn't been there either, it read 4:59:35. She tried to take it off, but it was stuck tight. "Ugh, is this my time limit? Crap, where do I even look for Komaru?!" She headed out the exit, unsure of anything, or where to find her friend. All she did know was that there was no way in hell she'd let Komaru die. She was going to find her and stop whatever sick little psycho was behind this.