Chapter Four: Lack of Integrity

Thank you dipitty for the cover, it's amazing!

Song: The Light Behind Your Eyes

Artist: My Chemical Romance

Lack of Integrity

Miranda

Some of us stood outside of Lana's hospital room and waited to see her. She hadn't woken up yet, but we're told we'd see her. It was a Monday where we gathered around in a circle.

I asked Ethan to stay outside last night in case my mother went out, but according to him, she didn't. Apparently, something else happened that Aidan, Carter, Liam, and Blake were involved.

"Are you certain that was Marcus who came out of the sewers?" I asked because I refused to believe that my ex was outside of my house.

"Yeah, he still had the blue hair and muscular built," Ethan responded.

"Did you see where they went?" Liam asked as he looked at Ethan.

"No, I bent down so that they couldn't see me. When I looked up again, they were gone." Ethan replied then turned to me. "Your mom opened the utility hole for them."

"No, I refuse to believe it, why would she open it for two guys who are working with a wanted drug dealer?" I demanded.

"Didn't you hear anything in the house?" Liam asked as he stood next to me. "The front door open or voices?"

"Well...I was up in my room. I heard the front door open and waited but I probably fell asleep, so I couldn't listen to what happened next." I replied as I tried to think of last night after mom scolded me. I mostly texted Ethan but I heard a commotion downstairs, and I knew it was my mother who exaggerated about the book.

"It just doesn't make sense as to why she'd open it," Carter mumbled as he shook his head. "Maybe James and his men use the sewers as a way to escape."

I opened my mouth to ask them more about the sewers but shut it when Detective Kale and Deputy Paul approached us. Deputy Paul dressed in full uniform while Detective Kale wore a suit, but it still brought out his badge by his belt.

"How's everyone today?" Detective Kale asked as he smiled at us. Some of us murmured in response, but I noticed Blake turned away and looked through Lana's room. Benny, Aidan, Tiffany and Lana's parents were in the room.

"Heard ya'll talking about sewers." Deputy Paul said, and I noticed how everyone avoided eye contact. Detective Kale cleared his throat then turned to Ethan and spoke, "Baxter, since you were at the cottage most of the time...did you notice anything weird?"

"Apart from the cocaine we were threatened to keep?" Ethan tilted his head. "No...why?" 

"Just asking

"Just asking." Detective Kale said as he exchanged looks with Deputy Paul.

"A lot of weird things happened there...maybe if you were more specific, we'd tell you," Blake spoke up as he stepped into the circle. "What did you find?"