Chapter Thirty One: She Must Abide By It

Thank you to ZK_Ghouri for the wonderful cover, love it!

She Must Abide By It

Lana

I never thought the day would drag on as long as it did. They brought home dinner but I wasn't that hungry because of the feast Blake, and I had while we watched Titanic. It felt like a dream because straightway we sat in his and Axel's room and watched The Breakfast Club, Ursula chose the movie, but somehow, I felt like she knew it was Blake's favorite.

Everyone made themselves comfortable except the girl with the crutches. Blake laid back in his bed while Ursula laid on her stomach next to him while she faced the television and her feet in the air and me awkwardly on the edge of the bed. Axel was sprawled out on his bed while Tamia pushed the sofa closer and claimed it which left Dmitri on the ground but he didn't seem to mind.

I've watched the movie too many times and compared to Titanic, it wasn't as suspenseful but still a good movie. The smell of greasy hot chips and spice filled the air while everyone but me ate. Blake offered some of his, but I kindly declined. I was still in my pajamas from the previous night compared to everyone else who dressed in fresh clothing. As I was about to check the time, I received a Facetime call from my mother.

There obviously was a sound which I was relieved by so it was easier to excuse myself but harder to get away on crutches with one hand gripping my phone. I shut the door that connected our rooms and sighed in relief because I was alone. Mrs. Gunner went down to the café again so she shouldn't be back for a while. When I accepted the call, I was surprised to see my mother all dolled up, maybe she and dad took the opportunity of me not being there to finally go out on a date.

"Hey Lana, how you doing?" mom chirped into the phone with a bright smile. She seemed busy with something as she held the phone with one hand and dealt with something else in the other. I recognized the kitchen in the background but also a few voices.

"I'm great mom, the hotel here is amazing, and everyone's so nice." I might've added a bit too much enthusiasm there, but she didn't notice when I asked, "What's with the outfit?"

"Oh, that's great hun! I invited the boys over for dinner, say hi!" she caught me off guard when she flipped the camera over, only to reveal Keene and Levi in a rare act. They helped mom in the kitchen. Keene waved further in the background as he set the table while Levi blankly stared at the camera. I was about to say hi when I remembered our last encounter together. He gave me a hickey when we made out, and I freaked out on him.

"Hi, Levi," I mumbled but he heard me, and my mother handed him the phone because she had to take something out of the oven. Levi walked out of the kitchen, and I watched as he settled down on the sofa in the living room.

"Hey." Levi greeted once we saw each other's faces. For a moment we just stared at each other. His mouth opened to say more, but nothing came out, so I decided to speak.

"Hi...listen I'm sorry about the othe—" I cut myself off when he spoke the same time I did, and he stopped too. The corners of my mouth slightly rose as I gestured for him to speak.

"I shouldn't have done that the other day Princess, knowing that you're still hurt because I forgot that he was your first boyfriend but that's beside the point. I didn't mean to do that...well, err, how do I put it?"

"No, it's not your fault Levi. I shouldn't have done it either, I just didn't want you thinking I'm using you as an escape or distraction from Benny. For a second there, I thought you were testing me."